Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    [solved] CALENDARS not updating when loading TIME Dimension

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[solved] CALENDARS not updating when loading TIME Dimension
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi team,

I'm running into some issues with Time Ranges, and I tracked it down to an improperly loaded TIME dimension. Here's what I mean:

I have a custom Time Dimension that has four years worth of dates, for Year, Quarter and Month (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010). No problem there.

When I do this request, I only see values for 2009:

TABLE FILE CALENDARS
PRINT *
END

If I reload the Time Dimension, it refreshes the DIMENSIONS table, but then throws up this error:

*** EXEC error. Failure retrieving Calendar Source Data .Error in dimensions loader time routine #05: S06_A

Viewing the source of the error contains these interesting lines:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$  Next set of cases is for updating the calendar table
$$  This must run *after* we have updated the TIME view and all the MFDs since dim_loader_time05
$$  relies on correctness of the Time MFD.
$$  We clear out the calendar table and do a full refresh from the source data

ErrorMsg_Display = "*** Database error.  Could not fetch existing Calendar data." ;
ErrorMsg_Display = "*** Database error.  Could not clear out existing Calendar data." ;
ErrorMsg_Display = "*** Database error.  Could not insert new Calendar information" ;

I thought this might be a database permissions error, but I proved that wasn't the issue by switching to an autogenerated Time Dimension. When I do that, the CALENDARS table gets all the years entered that I put in the Autogeneration parameters. If it was permission related, it wouldn't be able to write to the table at all, would it?

Switching back to the Custom Time dim still results in the same error.

I might need to open a case, but I tend to always try here first.

Cheers,

Joey
PMF 5.1.3
WebFOCUS 7.6.8
Oracle db
Windows Server
IIS & Tomcat

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moogle,

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Joey-

It's not clear to me why you would want to use external calendar if you're doing plain Year, Quarter, Month, but you must have some good reason. Check in the MFD that you're using to load your external Time data. Are the Formats for Year, Quarter, and Month respectively A4, A1, and A2? If they are not, then please try changing and try again.

If that's what you already have, then open up a case and we'll figure out what's going on.

EricH

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Eric,

I had some formats that had V in them, such as A2V. That solved this problem, thank you very much.

The reason for the custom time dimension is laid out in this post; it's the same client:

http://forums.informationbuild...461084022/m/98610495

Cheers,

Joey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moogle,

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post