Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Strategy Map in current release. [solved]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Strategy Map in current release. [solved]
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello ,

The strategy map is not appearing in our development and prod server PMF application.
We have rebooted TOMCAT but the problem still appears.
Any suggestions on how to tackle this issue?

Merci

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob Jude Ferrante,

-PMF 5.1.2
-WebFOCUS 7.6.9 on Windows 2003 Server
-MSSQL Server

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
To add to this. We are getting javascript errors. Nothing is appearing on the right side of the pane and left hand side options are not doing anything because of the javascript error

Thnx

-PMF 5.1.2
-MSSQL Server

Gold member
posted Hide Post
You do have SVG installed the machine where you are trying to see the map, right?

WebFocus 7.6.8
iWay Data Migrator 7.6.8
PMF 5.1

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I will follow up immediately on that one ! Thanx

-PMF 5.1.2
-MSSQL Server

Master
posted Hide Post
IF they are using IIS as the Web Server - have a look at the solution on the posting below "Error while strategy tab".

IIS does not have support for the SVG mime-type by default. Your Web Server admin has to configure it. Instructions are there.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,

We're using Tomcat, and our strategy map used to work well until we upgraded to PMF 5.1.4. Now there's a javascript error that says "object expected" and the strategy map never loads. I don't think the PMF install upgrades or modifies the Tomcat application server settings/version, although you do have to specify the web root during PMF install.

Any other suggestions? Are you folks able to reproduce at your end?

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Joey,

What browser are you using? I assume you are probably using IE6 or IE7? Were you able to verify whether the SVG plugin was properly installed in your IE browser?

Try to access this old web page to see if you are able to interact with the SVG examples within.

Example number 2: There should be a blue rectangle that when you click on it, it will alert the area size within.

Also try example number 3: There should be another retangle box that changes color when you click on it.

http://www.carto.net/papers/sv...mascript/index.shtml

This should be a good indicator whether your SVG is installed properly. It is possible that your IE browser settings could have changed so that the SVG plugin does not have the settings that allow it to render and interact with the SVG.

Do you have the Adobe SVG Viewer or the Renesis SVG viewer enabled? Make sure to use one or the other, but not both. I would probably recommend using the Adobe SVG Viewer. You could try re-installing this viewer if the examples above are not working properly.

In IE7 you can click on Tools -> Manage Add Ons -> Enable or disable:
Find "SVG Document" and make sure this is enabled (This is file NPSVG3.dll)

One more thing you could try is to open PMF with the Firefox browser and click on the Analytics tab. Does the strategy map display properly then? The Firefox browser has its own native SVG viewer embedded within.

Let us know what happens,
Mike

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,

I'm using IE7. I used the link you sent me and all the examples work well. I've got Adobe SVG viewer, and it's the same one that I had when we were using PMF 5.1.1. I could use the stategy map in that version with no problem. This isn't a client issue for sure, because this has happened on all PCs, not just mine.

In Firefox, I click on the strategy tab, and only see a white box next to the panel button pane. There is no javascript error like with IE, but the SVG strategy map never loads. I'm not able to right click on the white or anything, it does nothing.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Also, double-checking on one thing... did you log in as a PMF admin, and get the migration panel displayed, and migrate the data mart to 5.1.4? If PMF is trying to use an older format DB, that won't work. I know it's a dumb question, but just checking.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Team,

Mike, tech support agent extrodinaire, solved this for me.

We logged in to the WF Admin console (the client, not the reporting server) and cleared the cache. We also added these three lines to the site.wfs file, which were possibly missed during install:

<SET>URL_PROTOCOL(PASS)
<SET>SERVER_NAME(PASS)
<SET>SERVER_PORT(PASS)

That's it, the strategy map is working again.

Cheers,

Joey