Focal Point
Broadcast functionality

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/2587099416

January 03, 2012, 08:03 AM
Keerthi
Broadcast functionality
Hi,

I have a Dimension Tree which "Broadcasts" to two other gadgets.
And now when I try refreshing one of those gadgets, the other is refreshed automatically. Is there a way to control this behaviour?
Basically i want to refresh only the selected gadget(gadget whose refresh button is clicked)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keerthi

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
January 11, 2012, 02:33 AM
Keerthi
Has anyone faced this issue earlier. please help.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
January 11, 2012, 10:14 AM
Michael Paul
Hi Keerthi,

This is the expected behavior with broadcast. Gadgets in a broadcast group react to changes made to the preferences of other gadgets in that broadcast group. Clicking refresh is resetting the preferences back to the original state. So this will go through and reset all of the gadgets in that broadcast group to their original state.

It sounds like you want the ability to assign gadgets that only receive broadcast, but do not send it? So changes to the tree controller might be the only mechanism that affects other gadgets on the page?

PMF does not currently allow this level of control with broadcast. This is something we might consider as a feature in PMF if it is something others would find useful?

Is this something others would find helpful?

To answer your question it is possible to customize PMF to allow this feature but it is something you would need to support going forward. If this is something you are interested in I can point you in the right direction.

Thanks,
Mike