Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PMF Dimension Loader
 Login/Join

posted
Hello All,
I am trying to load certain values in a dimnesion. I have the following questions regarding that:

1. When i select the custom coding option to load the files from the FEX do i need to hold the data? if yes then what should be the format and how does the process works.

2. I have defined cretain fields in the master file and i have to create 3 level hierarchy in the dimension tree e.g. Country-->Car-->Model.
If I am using the defined field in the second and third level the data is getting loaded correctly and i can see all the levels in the preview tab, but when i check the dimension tree only 2 levels are getting populated in this case Country-->Car.

Please advice.

WebFOCUS 7.7.3 PMF 5.2.3, Windows, AHTML,PDF,Excel

Master
posted Hide Post
Is there a reason you don't want to use the normal modes in the Dimension Loader? The custom coding option is disappearing in the very next PMF release.

You can HOLD data for a DImension in the load prequel code.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,
the reason i am trying to use custom code is due to the 30 character limitatoin. the fileds i am tying to populate are getting truncated and in my custom code i have removed the unwanted part of the strings.

Also the second issue is regarding the define fields available at the master file level. i am not able to understand why its not showing up in the dimension tree.

Any suggestion

Master
posted Hide Post
Adesh,
The loader automatically truncates the values at 30 characters.
And also you can run a prequel before a load to process the inbound data.
Level values can also be calculated using "code" which allows you to write an expression rather than "field" which expects a field in your source to contain the level value.

Have a look at the docs... page 288 onward is a fairly extensive doc on the dimension loader.

best

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,
thanks for the response. i will try the other approach and see what happens.