Focal Point
PMF Dimension Loader

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/2817077326

September 03, 2012, 04:14 AM
Adesh
PMF Dimension Loader
Hello All,
I am trying to load certain values in a dimnesion. I have the following questions regarding that:

1. When i select the custom coding option to load the files from the FEX do i need to hold the data? if yes then what should be the format and how does the process works.

2. I have defined cretain fields in the master file and i have to create 3 level hierarchy in the dimension tree e.g. Country-->Car-->Model.
If I am using the defined field in the second and third level the data is getting loaded correctly and i can see all the levels in the preview tab, but when i check the dimension tree only 2 levels are getting populated in this case Country-->Car.

Please advice.

WebFOCUS 7.7.3 PMF 5.2.3, Windows, AHTML,PDF,Excel
September 03, 2012, 09:16 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Is there a reason you don't want to use the normal modes in the Dimension Loader? The custom coding option is disappearing in the very next PMF release.

You can HOLD data for a DImension in the load prequel code.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

September 03, 2012, 04:13 PM
Adesh
Hi Bob,
the reason i am trying to use custom code is due to the 30 character limitatoin. the fileds i am tying to populate are getting truncated and in my custom code i have removed the unwanted part of the strings.

Also the second issue is regarding the define fields available at the master file level. i am not able to understand why its not showing up in the dimension tree.

Any suggestion

September 03, 2012, 10:23 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Adesh,
The loader automatically truncates the values at 30 characters.
And also you can run a prequel before a load to process the inbound data.
Level values can also be calculated using "code" which allows you to write an expression rather than "field" which expects a field in your source to contain the level value.

Have a look at the docs... page 288 onward is a fairly extensive doc on the dimension loader.

best

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

September 04, 2012, 08:11 AM
Adesh
Hi Bob,
thanks for the response. i will try the other approach and see what happens.