Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    a_getperid Error: PMF Stuck on "S03_A_GP, FOCERRNUM: 0, LINES:0"

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
a_getperid Error: PMF Stuck on "S03_A_GP, FOCERRNUM: 0, LINES:0"
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

Our PMF has just been newly installed. I have created a few scorecards. While in Manage tab, I decided to take a look at Schedules to see what I can schedule with it. Upon clicking on it, an error message is displayed. The message was:

Error running a_getperid in STRATMAP_NAVBAR_SVG : S03_A_GP, FOCERRNUM: 0 , LINES: 0

Since then, all other tabs receives the same error message every time I log in.

Has anyone had this experience before? Do you know how I should go about fixing this error (tech support has been "working" on this for 3 days while my PMF is completely disable)?

Thanks.

Kim
---------------------------------------------
Our PMF version is 5.2.3, WF is 7.7.2, Server OS is Windows Server 2008 64x
---------------------------------------------

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kncoi,

Master
posted Hide Post
An error in a_getperid, regardless of where you first get it, always indicates your current default date in PMF Settings is pointing to something your Time Dimension doesn't have. Much of PMF depends on that default. Once you get this error it might bring things to a standstill.

The remedy is changing the PMF default Time setting in the System Settings panel (Manage: Settings > System) to something that relates to your Time Dimension.

3 Examples:

1: If you auto-generate a Time Dimension hierarchy of Year/Qtr/Month, from 2002-2010, and have PMF is set to Use System Clock and it's 2011, PMF doesn't know how to set a default point in time to show KPI data. The problem is the Time Dimension is the reference point for the default point in Time. If the system default points to something the Time Dimension doesn't have loaded, it's a problem.

2: If you custom-generate a Time Dimension hierarchy - something like Year/Month/Day, or Year/Quarter/Month/Week, PMF's default was never changed to point to one period in this custom Time Dimension, again, PMF doesn't know how to set a default point in time to show KPI data.

3: If you customize Time Ranges and somehow deleted the Time Range called Current (CURR). We need to make PMF shipped Time Ranges immutable.

a_getperid refers to "a system function to get the Current period failed to get a valid period." I'd say we need to give this a friendlier error message.

For IBI support please make sure you are taking to a PMF expert. Tell you CS rep you want to talk to one; IB wants to have you talk to one.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

posted Hide Post
Great information. You are "right on the money". I did create a few projects and since the default project calendar stops at 2010, I tried to change that by changing one the System Settings to use User System Clock hoping that will bring the calendar up to date.

You explanation explains the issue clearly. I guess I will need to reset the time dimension instead of fixing system settings. Thank you so much for your help.

Kim

WebFocus 8.1.03
PMF 8.0.5
Windows Server 2012
Windows 7
html