Focal Point
PMF 5.2 & WF 7.6.10

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/329108603

December 02, 2009, 06:57 AM
Javier F
PMF 5.2 & WF 7.6.10
Hi,

I am installing PMF 5.2 in a WF 7.6.10 environment. The thing is the installation finish correctly but the application does not work because the Domain in MRE was not created. MRE contains the users for PMF, but not the domain.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Javier Fernandez
Information Builders - Spain
December 02, 2009, 02:14 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Is it the Domain that are missing, or the Group Views? If you're getting the generic Public Group View when you log in, it means you did not recycle your Web server, and when you log in BID will overwrite the group views on disk in favor of what was last in the App memory. It's easy to fix this, since the installer creates a backup MPV file which you can restore.

Please call into tech support and they'll help you.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

December 09, 2009, 09:47 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Javier, is your PMF installation a-ok now?

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

December 30, 2009, 05:41 AM
Javier F
Hi,

The installation has created users and groups but not the domain. I have checked the ReportCaster was working as "command line" and works perfectly (for example the synchronization with MRE works). The installation has created also the SQL 2005 databases, everything seems to be ok except the MRE domain that was not created. The last test I did was with PMF 5.2 beta 3.
January 04, 2010, 10:43 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Is it possible that the folder for MR (basedir) is read-only or that the logged in user you entered into the install screen does not have rights to create a Domain? That would cause this issue. In general we don't see this.

If this isn't the cause please forward info about your environment, rights to folders, steps you took in the installation, etc. to Rob Recker in my group.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105