Focal Point
Flex Tag Cloud

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/3467029206

April 28, 2011, 01:43 PM
gregv
Flex Tag Cloud
I'm looking to create a custom Flex Tag Cloud, so I looked at the sample in the Gadget list. I found that it referenced gadget_fix_tagcloud but I can't find this program in any pmf apps dir.
I don't have direct access to the WF RS/RC or Client machine. As a PMF/MR/RC Admin do I have access to this program from Dev Studio? If so, where do I find it?
Thanks.

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8
April 28, 2011, 02:05 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
gadget_flex_tagcloud.swf is the SWF file that runs the actual tag cloud.

The source code for it is not shipped with PMF.

If you're looking to populate it with data, the file pmf_tagcloud_load.fex sets up the static data source for the tag cloud. You can schedule this for regular re-load using Caster.

pmf_tagcloud_driver.fex gets the data for the tagcloud from the static source at runtime.

You'll find both these files in /ibi/apps/mainstreet, which is PMF's main code folder.

Using the driver model it would also be possible to populate it from Magnify, but our assessment was that we didn't have a lot of Magnify customers at the time. As that changes and Magnify becomes more pervasive, we expect that using it as a great UI for Magnify will be more common.

Hope this info helps

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!