Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Synchro issues [solved]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Synchro issues [solved]
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
*** Application 'Out of Synch' condition detected ***
Contactez l'administrateur PMF

<< Retour

Hi, I am getting the following message when trying to logon with a consumer id in PMF. Now the account I created is also created in the MRE interface and is attached to the Consumer group.

When I sign in with pmfadmin I resynchronize , when I try logging in with the consumer account once again I get Out of Synch error.
Any ideas how I can trouble shoot this one?

Thanx John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob Jude Ferrante,

-PMF 5.1.2
-WebFOCUS 7.6.9 on Windows 2003 Server
-MSSQL Server

Master
posted Hide Post
First line of defense: Make sure the pmfdata folder has rights set in Server 2003 for read/write. Especially the a_defaults.fex file.

Second, turn PMF app tracing on and capture the return from the error page via View Source and upload to a CSS Case for the problem. We'll have us a look at it.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
A couple of things I noticed.

First the consumer userid was not usable because Caster was down. I restarted the caster service and was able to logon.

Another thing I noticed was with the PMFadmin account. If I change the a_defaults.fex program I get a synchro warning on the administrators page. When I hit the resynch , then I a_defaults fex goes back to its original state.

This is weird. Does this mean the user connected via webfocus does not have read write access ?

John

-PMF 5.1.2
-MSSQL Server

Master
posted Hide Post
a_defaults.fex is an output file. You can't manually change it. If you manually change it you get the out of sync condition.

Instead you change the settings in the Settings form, which changes the DB; these changes get propagated to a_defaults.fex. PMF always favors what's in the system_settings table internally and makes sure a_defaults.fex contains the settings from there.

hope that helps.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Understood . I changed a couple of settings and I saw the change in output.

-PMF 5.1.2
-MSSQL Server