Focal Point
User entry of measures data after loading

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/3797029526

November 06, 2012, 11:54 AM
<Ket>
User entry of measures data after loading
Has anyone found a way of entering TARGET data into PMF manually after the ACTUALS have been loaded? I am at a client that wants to load the Actuals data into PMF and thereafter have the ability to enter and change TARGET data within PMF itself.

I have tried the following method
1.Creating a Loadable measure and importing ACTUALS data
2. Changing the measure to now become a user-entered measure
3. Go to enter measure TARGET data - I get the following message - You do not have access to type in Actuals or Targets.

I do not get this error if I create a measure that has not had any data entered into it.

Any thoughts?
November 06, 2012, 12:04 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
The error you're getting has to do with the Access ROle set up for whatever user as which you're logging in.

It's not possible to load data and then enter over the top of it. Once you switch a Measure in PMF 5.2 or 5.3.1 to User Entered, that wipes out the loaded data.

Typically in 5.2 or 5.3.1 a Maintain-based solution gets created that allows mixed load data to be staged and entered. For more informaiton about that approach, contact your IB representative about involving our Professional Services people to create you an app.

Longer term, PMF 5.3.2 will have a strategy for allowing targets to be loaded or entered and actuals to be loaded or entered separately. 5.3.2 is set to go to Beta before the end of the year and to go production Q1 2013.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!