Focal Point
Security at different dimensional levels

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/3817074516

January 15, 2012, 08:20 PM
Janice
Security at different dimensional levels
I have a dimension with three levels (Business, Facility, customer). The Security settings are set to Access Security = G and Scorecard Functional Access = S. I am setting up the owners access by setting the Access Security By to User Basis. Then I configure Owner Access to the customer level and everything is working fine. I have one owner who's security needs to be set at the Facility level. When I do this I get the following PMF error: A problem Occured: ***PMF Processing error
Error Details: Unknown error during processing.

Is this not allowed? Or do I have another issue and should open a case?

Thanks.

5.2.3 HF4
WF 7.7

WF 8.09
January 15, 2012, 08:44 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
WHERE do you get the error message? In the panel when you're trying to change the Owner's access security? On a Dashboard?

That error means something went wrong trying to do an AJAX process in PMF. I would assume the problem has to do with configuration. You should probably get a support person looking at your machine.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

January 15, 2012, 08:57 PM
Janice
I received the error when I clicked Save after selecting the facility level of access for the user. I will open a case. Thanks.

WF 8.09
January 15, 2012, 09:08 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
That's always best if you're having a problem that can't be pinned down to a definite known cause.

Usually we see this error message if something's gone wrong with the communication mechanism. Doesn't happen often and usually is traceable back to a configuration issue. Always good to have support look at that.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

January 15, 2012, 10:10 PM
Janice
I believe the issue is with the dimension. This is a user entered dimension and changes were made that may have corrupted it. I am going to do some more research before opening a case. Thanks.

WF 8.09