Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Security at different dimensional levels

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Security at different dimensional levels
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a dimension with three levels (Business, Facility, customer). The Security settings are set to Access Security = G and Scorecard Functional Access = S. I am setting up the owners access by setting the Access Security By to User Basis. Then I configure Owner Access to the customer level and everything is working fine. I have one owner who's security needs to be set at the Facility level. When I do this I get the following PMF error: A problem Occured: ***PMF Processing error
Error Details: Unknown error during processing.

Is this not allowed? Or do I have another issue and should open a case?

Thanks.

5.2.3 HF4
WF 7.7

WF 8.09

Posts: 68 | Location: United States | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
WHERE do you get the error message? In the panel when you're trying to change the Owner's access security? On a Dashboard?

That error means something went wrong trying to do an AJAX process in PMF. I would assume the problem has to do with configuration. You should probably get a support person looking at your machine.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I received the error when I clicked Save after selecting the facility level of access for the user. I will open a case. Thanks.

WF 8.09

Posts: 68 | Location: United States | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
That's always best if you're having a problem that can't be pinned down to a definite known cause.

Usually we see this error message if something's gone wrong with the communication mechanism. Doesn't happen often and usually is traceable back to a configuration issue. Always good to have support look at that.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I believe the issue is with the dimension. This is a user entered dimension and changes were made that may have corrupted it. I am going to do some more research before opening a case. Thanks.

WF 8.09