Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    How to break down values to monthly level, when data read at higher TIME level?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to break down values to monthly level, when data read at higher TIME level?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I should create a report where a user can select a year or a quarter, and the report is always shown at monthly level. I know I could do it by looping pmf_booklet_data as many times as needed and putting the data together after this, but is there any other way?

This is an overall view of how I get the data from PMF at the moment.

1. -SET &USE_CUR_DT = 'N' ;
2. Set time criteria based on user selecetion, i.e. month, quarter or year, by using -SET &PMF_BOOKLET_DATA_WH02 = WHERE TIME_LEVEL0n_VALUE EQ ... statements.
3. -INCLUDE PMF_BOOKLET_DATA

After this, the data should always be broken down by month, 3 for quarters and 12 for year, but at the moment I get one line, at the level selected. The customer is using PMF 512.

Many thanks for your help!

Regards,
Mika

WebFOCUS 7.6.x
PMF 5.2.x

Posts: 58 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: April 22, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
If I understand properly what you're trying to do, you want to grab a bunch of Time rows at a specific level of the Time Dimension and falling within a range of dates that's interesting to your customer. With a typical WebFOCUS report this would be pretty hard, but PMF makes it easier. You do not have to do multiple passes at the data. Instead of trying to specify filters on individual Time dimension values, use the Time Range flag to simplify your request, and specify the range of time you want to include. If a factory set Time Range doesn't cover the exact amount of Time you want to grab, consider making your own Time Range. The method to do this is fully documented in the standard PMF doc set.

Also, have a look at additional stuff that's available to you in the PMF developer's guide. Let me know if you don't have a copy of this valuable doc. It's specifically designed for those building content that reads from the PMF data mart.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!