Focal Point
add/replace/delete

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/397101142

September 16, 2009, 11:45 AM
Janice
add/replace/delete
I just want to be sure I understand the load option of add/replace/delete. I will use an example:

My source data has the months of Jan, Feb and March. Jan has 10 records, Feb has 20 records and March has 30 records. It loads into PMF clean and nice.

Now my source data was "refreshed" and it only has January data with 5 records. If I do a load with the load option of add/replace/delete, will it delete Feb and March? Will it delete the 5 records that are no longer in Jan and Replace the value for the 5 records that are still there (assuming they were there in the first place).

Just confirming.

Thanks.

WF 8.09
September 16, 2009, 12:26 PM
EricH
Hi Janice,

The answers are yes, yes, and yes. Wink

EricH
September 16, 2009, 12:47 PM
Janice
:-) OK, so I understand the basics ... let me add just a little twist. Taking the same scenario below, but expanding out using the dimensions. We had 10 records in January and when we refreshed we went down to 5. Also, the dimension information changed. So, keeping it simple by using the geography dimension, one of the records changed zipcodes. Is the record that is tied to the original zipcode deleted and the new record added? OR is the record that was tied to the original zipcode updated?

Here's what we are seeing in reality. We added a month of data and compared totals back to the warehouse and all balanced. Then we added a new month. Some of the totals changed in the first month and no longer balance to the warehouse. I am trying to understand what might have caused this.

Thanks.

WF 8.09
September 17, 2009, 10:02 AM
EricH
If you have chosen either of the options with "Delete old", then the old zipcode record is deleted and the new record is added.

EricH