Focal Point
Date user accounts were created

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/4127003795

January 20, 2011, 02:13 PM
JBK
Date user accounts were created
Does PMF have a field in any of its pmfora tables that has the date when a user account was created? I read the doc. on MRE's MREXTRACT utility, but it doesn't capture this info. I need to include this date in the report mentioned in the Monitoring Usage of PMF topic.

We need this account creation date for SOX compliance.

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JBK,

WebFOCUS 7.6.11, Linux, HTML, PDF, AHTML, EXCEL
January 20, 2011, 02:28 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Currently PMF does not capture creation date as a field on OWNERS.

You will have to query Oracle for record add/change date if you're DB logging. If logging is not turned on you might want to do that, if this information is really needed and not just someone's curiosity.

PMF does capture create date, creator, change date and who changed, for all Owned objects. But (I guess this is irony) Owner records themselves are not owned.

Sorry

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

January 20, 2011, 02:32 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
I just had CREATION_DATE and CREATOR on owner added to the feature spec for PMF 5.3 series. Not sure if it will make 5.3.1 but we'll try.

Won't help you much for your report though. Can see how it would have benefit if you're trying to track incept date for licensing, for example.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

January 20, 2011, 04:07 PM
JBK
Regarding querying Oracle for record add/change date, would this be for the OWNERS table?

Thanks for putting it into the spec for the PMF 5.3.1 series. You anticpated my NFR!

Thank you.

January 20, 2011, 04:13 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Go ahead and request that NFR from CSS though, OK? This way you can track when it actually gets done.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

January 20, 2011, 07:23 PM
JBK
Regarding querying Oracle for record add/change date, would this be for the OWNERS table?

What is the schema for this, please? We need this so our database people can locate where the table is to run the Oracle query.

Thank you.

January 21, 2011, 01:23 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
The Oracle schema is normally called PMF in the default creation scripts, unless your DBA changed it for some reason during DB configuration. So for that reason, we can only guess: PMF probably. Only your DBA knows for sure. Sort of like "only your hairdresser knows for sure."

The DB build scripts for Oracle are normally found on the server in /approot/pmfdbms/create_database/ and the main script is named after the adaptor: SQLORA.SQL.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105