Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    [Closed] - Manual Entry Security

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Closed] - Manual Entry Security
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have not been able to find any documentation on what security is needed to enter data points manually. I have a dashboard that uses the Utility - UE Sources to allow the users to enter their data points. The only way they have been able to enter in the data points is if I give them administrator rights. I would think they would need much less security than this.

I have tried this using Admin with access security and that don't have rights then.

I am on 8.2.3 of PMF.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jasen,

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output

Posts: 76 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: December 28, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jasen,

Are users non-administrator users are able to see the dashboard and input data but unable to save it? Can you elaborate on what these users are experiencing? Usually Dashboard and Scorecard level security is employed to make sure that the right end-users are able to input data, but they are never required to have administrator privileges.

Regards,

Trevor Dunn
Information Builders

Gold member
posted Hide Post
My preference would be to have them as consumers, but if they have to be analysts or something other than administrators that is fine.

Attached is the error I get when I have Administrator rights with access security. I can access any other dashboard associated with the scorecard.

I am using scorecard security.

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output

posted Hide Post
Ah, I understand now. You are correct that Consumers should be able to input data given proper access, though an error does change things a bit. Would you kindly contact a customer support representative with this? I will do some investigating, but given the need to test multiple types of users with different Scorecard-level securities and Dashboard ownerships, I would greatly appreciate any detail you can offer them about what type of access role experiences which behavior.

Thank you,

Trevor Dunn
Information Builders

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Jasen -

I see you are using the Quality Metrics Scorecard. Before proceeding any further, please see if any of the Measures in this Scorecard have User Entered Sources in their lineage. I.e. do any Measures in the Scorecard get their data either directly or indirectly (through Derived Datapoints) from User Entered Sources. Those are the only Sources that will appear on this panel.

Eric

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I got this resolved. I was not thinking about scorecard security. I had everyone set as a viewer and not a editor. I switched them back to consumer but gave them edit rights and it is working now.

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output