Focal Point
[SOLVED] Is there a way to export Dimensions, Measures, Objectives?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/4527049516

January 27, 2012, 12:12 PM
Theresa
[SOLVED] Is there a way to export Dimensions, Measures, Objectives?
I am working on PMF on an internal system. I can't connect my laptop to the network. When I'm not at the office I need to work on my laptop. I was gone for a month and while I was gone the objectives and measures changed. I've tried to manually sync them up, but I can't figure out how to make some of them the same. Is there a way to export the objectives, measures and dimensions from the server, then import them into the localhost PMF version I have on my laptop? (I can email any files to my other account or put them on a thumb drive.)

Thanks!
Theresa

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Theresa,

PMF: 5.2.3 HF 4
Server: WF 7.6.11/DB2
Desktop: WF 7.6.11/SQL Server/XP
output: HTML
January 27, 2012, 12:32 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Ab so lutely.

Just take a snapshot of PMF's data mart, copy it to your machine, and restore it. It's the whole PMF data mart... measure data, dimensions, content references, everything.

If you plan to use the loaders locally, you will need to have the same DB adapter connections configured and Master Files as the server on your local machine. And of course you will need physical access to the data Sources.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

January 27, 2012, 12:35 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Note that the person taking the snapshot needs Admin access to PMF. I'm assuming you have that. If not have your PMF admin do it.

And tell them to give you access to the network already!

:-)

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

February 01, 2012, 10:20 AM
Theresa
I was having problems restoring a snapshot taken on the server, but that is fixed now. My laptop now has the same info as the server!

PMF: 5.2.3 HF 4
Server: WF 7.6.11/DB2
Desktop: WF 7.6.11/SQL Server/XP
output: HTML