Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Drill down not recursive anymore

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Drill down not recursive anymore
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello every one , hello Bob,

I've got a misterious behavior...

I creat a new report in my "PMFCUSTOM" folder and "SET" all my param, then I INCLUDE a template report like "pmf_vert_meas" for exemple. When I lunch my report, it's seem to work well so I drill one time, it work, but when I drill one more time it don't drill anymore, I get the ERROR "FEX EXSTAR_NAME doesn't EXISTS..."

So during the seconde drill the var &THIS_DRILL_RPT (from a_get_drill_down.fex) is set to "EXSTAR_NAME". The var &MY_FEX dont get FOC_EXE name of my "pmfcustom/myReport.fex".

I try to set &THIS_DRILL_RPT = pmfCustom/myReport.fex ; but it doesn't works.

I dont understand why foexec_info.fex don't get the name of my fex.

Do I miss one step ?

Have a nice day,

Carlos
PMF 5.2.1 - Luxembourg

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 2008 srv
PMF 5.3.1 HF5

Master
posted Hide Post
Have to confess we're not clear of what you're saying, you're not providing enough info to figure it out.

What report is drilling recursively? How is thyat recursive drilldown implemented; are you using a built-in mechanism?

Why not include the code of your custom FOCEXEC, the one you wrote and placed in the pmfcustom folder? Seeing your code might help the issue become more apparent.

What exact type of thing are you drilling on?

Did you put error handling into your FOCEXEC? If you are developing, following the developer guide, you should be inserting debugging statements into your procedure so that you can debug it. If you put these in the reason for your issue might become more apparent.

Note that you cannot set &THIS_DRILL_RPT. It is output only.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Carlos,

The "EXSTAR_NAME" behavior you are seeing is a known problem with WebFOCUS 7.6.10. To get this fixed, you will need to go through IBI Customer Support. When you speak to them, you can tell them that this issue was fixed by Project 105856.

EricH

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks Erich. So I going to check that problem with the administrator.

Regards,

Carlos

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 2008 srv
PMF 5.3.1 HF5