Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Loading a measure
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I am loading a measure and I am running into the following issue.

I am getting HTTP 500 Errors pretty much all the time.

Instead of reloading an existing measure we are trying this.
Creating a new measure.

Deleting the old measure - which causes another crash as well. The MODIFY statement on a DELETE fails and it hangs on the reporting server. 0/43046

We need some help here. Even though we are upgrading to a new release we need to get these measures into a test environment for the business users to validate.

The measure has been set up as
Units = Items.
Measure Type = Loaded
Aggregation Method = Percentage
Threshold Flex = Units
Flex 25.00

Display Format D12.2%
Row Security = checked.

Any help would be great here.
Thanx in advance ,

Merci
John ,

-PMF 5.1.2
-WebFOCUS 7.6.9 on Windows 2003 Server
-MSSQL Server

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Something to add, Application Tracing is set to OFF

merci

-PMF 5.1.2
-MSSQL Server

Master
posted Hide Post
There's no specific known issue regarding PMF causing HTTP 500 errors - it is a catch-all error message when the Web server has an internal failure. Here are common steps when you get an HTTP 500 error in any WebFOCUS app (and that's what applies in this case):

Restart the Web server. Tomcat occasionally goes haywire.

Check to make sure all files under IBI on your server are set to read/write for the Web Server registered user. Assuming you’re using either apache tomcat or IIS.

In PMF, check admin dashboard 01 to make sure you’re in sync. It’s 5.1.1 so the forcing function is not there to force you to resync. Not likely to be the cause but always better to be safe. If masters are out of sync it could cause MODIFY to fail to return which might cause a 500 error, in theory (never seen this happen but it occurs to me).

If these don’t work contact CSS and they will help.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I had this issue in an earlier release of PMF and it wasn't related to PMF at all. It turned out that in the prefix code, we had a looping problem. If you have any prefix code involved, verify its working prior to going into PMF. Hope this helps.

WF 8.09

Posts: 68 | Location: United States | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanx for the information Janice. We do not have any prefix code.

Regards. John

-PMF 5.1.2
-MSSQL Server

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
John,

Take a look at my post on diagnosing load errors -- maybe that will help.

Specific for your current problem: Try reloading data from another measure that you know is good for this metric to determine if you error 500 is environmental or specific to this load.

If it is this particular load, the error may be due to a & or other reserved characters in the data or even the name of the measure and description fields.

WF 7.65. Solaris. PMF 5.11 on Oracle 10g

Posts: 48 | Location: New York | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post