Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    PMF Portal Does Not Display

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PMF Portal Does Not Display
 Login/Join

posted
Running PMF 8.0.5 from WF 8.1 portal results in a blank screen on indefinite clock. What am I missing?

WebFocus 8.1.03
PMF 8.0.5
Windows Server 2012
Windows 7
html

Master
posted Hide Post
Of course PMF works fine on 8.1.

What Browser, what version of that browser? I'm assuming for some reason you're running IE, so:

Make sure you are running IE10 or higher and are not running in quirks mode or in compatibility view. Check your browser "internet settings" to see what mode and view you're running in. You need to be running in Standards Mode.

Chrome and Firefox also work brilliantly.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

posted Hide Post
Bob,

Thanks for the input. This was run on both IE11 and Firefox 39 and both have stalled at "loading Portal, Please wait ..." indefinitely.

In BI Portal (under Diagnostics\Traces) the event log shows an "Error in mergeProperties: java.lang.NullPointerException". A copy of the error portion of the event log is attached.

How should I go about fixing this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kncoi,

WebFocus 8.1.03
PMF 8.0.5
Windows Server 2012
Windows 7
html

Text FilePMF_PORTAL_LOADING_ERROR_-_EVENT_LOG.txt (12 Kb, 3 downloads) PMF Portal Load Error - Event Log

Master
posted Hide Post
OK. So your installation is hanging while trying to load the BIP portal, before PMF itself has a chance to start loading.

I've seen this happen in the BIP for various reasons. Contact WebFOCUS Support because it's not a quick one-answer thing, they have to step through it with you.

For example, in WebFOCUS 8.1, they are gzipping the portal JavaScript files, so could be gzip support isn't set up right. Or it could be code page configuration on the client.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,
I've just come across the same symptoms:
pmfadmin is able to login and work successfully.
However any of my other rolled users get to the page with the message: "loading Portal, Please wait ..." indefinitely

We upgraded to WF81M, still running PMF 804 - wanted to make sure all is working fine before upgrading PMF to 805.

Thx for the pointer to check the code page of the client, it was out of sync with the server. However this does not resolve the user issue.

I have noticed another strange error in the Workspace Log:
"07/29/2015 13:58:06.786 E (FOC1261) PHYSICAL INTERFACE NOT FOUND FOR SUFFIX SQLMYSQL. MODULE NAME : MYSQLFOC"

Strange because I do not have any MySQL Adapter settings on the WebFOCUS Server and PMF was setup to connect to SQL Server 2012?

Do you recon I need to follow the same route - call with WebFOCUS Support?

Best regards,
Clinton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prod: WF/AS 8.2.05; OmniGen;
In FOCUS since 1991

Posts: 104 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: February 07, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
You're having trouble loading the portal; if the portal hangs during load that's a problem with the portal. Read the previous advice, and contact customer support.

Before you call them: Did you try loading a different portal (not the PMF portal) with that same WebFOCUS user ID? Did you have the problem with that?

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,
Apologies, was just able to test opening a non-PMF portal now - that works just fine.
It seems that my consumers, analysts and authors all receive the same symptom of not being able to open their PMF portal views. It keeps hanging indefinitely with the message previously mentioned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In FOCUS since 1991

Posts: 104 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: February 07, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Check the security permissions in security center and make sure these user IDs are in the proper groups have access to the tenant and their proper roles.

(see the PMF Installation and Customization guide on documentation.ibi.com for more info).

If these things don't resolve your issue then please contact support. There is no product defect in PMF that causes the portal to hang.

And just making sure, you're hitting:

[serverRazzerort]/ibi_apps/bip/portal/pmf

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Evening Bob,
A quick update:
All the points mentioned were checked and in place, yet the symptoms persisted.
After upgrading from WF8104M to WF8105 the issue strangely disappeared and all users with varying roles have since been able to login successfully.
I suspect something was amiss or broken in my WF8104M BID release.
Also upgraded to PMF807 after I was sure the issue was resolved.

As always thank you for your insightful and prompt assistance.

In FOCUS since 1991

posted Hide Post
quote:
hang

I know this is a really late response - we have the same issue. For us, it happens after change management package deployments. We're able to work around the issue by clearing portal customizations for all users. This is a step for every deployment.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs