Focal Point
Running pmf using iviews in SAP Portal

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/4781084403

October 29, 2008, 05:44 AM
Wihan
Running pmf using iviews in SAP Portal
Hi,

We are currently running pmf using iviews in SAP Portal.

The problem is when a certain user logs onto pmf through the SAP Portal he/she encounters a speed issue, especially when trying to run graphs(gets time-out on some of the gadgets on the template page). When the same user logs directly onto pmf(not through portal) everything runs just fine…?

Any advise will be very welcome…

Regards,

Wihan

WebFOCUS 7.6.5
Windows XP service pack 2
October 29, 2008, 05:48 AM
Wihan
Also running SAP Portal version: Portal 7.0 SP16

Thanks

Regards,
Wihan

WebFOCUS 7.6.5
Windows XP service pack 2
October 31, 2008, 03:37 AM
Clinton Side-Kick
Hi Wihan,
You mentioned a certain user, or does this happen for all users?
Do you know what is experiencing the timeout, ie. the browser or the proxy server or the sap portal itself or just the iframe?
If all is working fine when the same user is logged into PMF, then possibly this points to a default timeout in the sap portal environment.
Out of interest, how long does the dashboard page with the gadgets take to load when logged into PMF directly? And then how long does the same page take to load through the sap portal before it experiences the timeout?
Kind regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prod: WF/AS 8.2.05; OmniGen;
In FOCUS since 1991
October 31, 2008, 10:28 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
I recall there being some configuration problems a few months ago at your site that were resolved; CSS helped in that respect. CSS does monitor this forum and are aware of the issue; I'll chat with them and make sure they help you out. It's most likely something in the SAP portal configuration or setup changed and settings need to be altered on the SAP side.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!