Focal Point
Accessing target values from a budgeting system

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/4807073416

December 15, 2011, 04:09 PM
SDTallent
Accessing target values from a budgeting system
I am setting up a measure load. The question I have is what is the best way to set up the load if actual and target numbers are contained in different systems? Specifically, I have a transaction table in a MS SQL database where I can access the actuals for various revenue fields. My targets will come from a budgeting system, located in a different MS SQL table. What is the best way to set up a load in this environment? Any advice greatly appreciated.

WebFOCUS is 7.6.11
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)
December 15, 2011, 04:17 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
In PMF 5.2, you'd need to merge the two sets of records into one logical view and then load from that logical view. If the two different tables are both in same MSSQL DB, you can simply do a cross table JOIN to create the structure. If they are in separate databases I recommend doing a merge to a single table and then using that table as your data source.

Of course this will all be a lot easier in PMF 5.3.2 which will allow management of data by source and will perform any merges for you automatically. But for now this is the answer.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!