Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    User Entered Measure DB access

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
User Entered Measure DB access
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,
When using the PMF User Entered screen for a measure, I get a message 'You do not have access to type in Actuals or Targets'.
The userid on the pmf_datamart database which the mainstreet connection is pointing to (the same userid in the connection definition), has dbo and sysadmin privileges.
I can read the database fine.
What privileges do I need to add Actuals and Targets for a User Entered Measure?
Note: 'pmfadmin' is the owner of the Scorecard where this measure is used.
Thanks.

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
This is PMF security, not DB security.

You need to make sure the Functional Role you are using has ability to update these.

If you don't have access to the Manage tab, have your admin do it.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Guru
posted Hide Post
Ok. Thanks, Bob.
I have access to the Manage tab.
'pmfadmin' has Administrator privileges and has the Functional Role of 'Admin' on all settings.
What else does this user need to save data?
Thanks.

Greg

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Is that user logging in as pmfadmin which is associated with the Functional Role of Administrator? Or are they logging on as a different user with a different Functional Role?

In all Functional Roles there is a setting for each type of Measure Data for entry. Actuals, Targets, Benchmarks, etc. You'll find these settings at the bottom. Check the user's login against the Functional Role and make sure the user has Editor or Administrator access to the data. And remember you have Admin (if owner) else Editor and Admin (if owner) else Viewer. If it's Viewer, the user can see the data but cannot edit it. If they are not the Owner of the Measure in question, and it's "else Viewer," they are Viewer unless their ID is the Owner of the Measure.

Hope this helps.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bob.

The user is logged in as pmfadmin and the Functional Role is Administrator. They are, also, assigned Admin to all settings the Functional Role panel.

Thanks.

Greg

PMF 8

Master
posted Hide Post
This is odd - I just tested this to make sure in PMF 5.2.3HF2, which is what you have, and it's working fine. It also gets tested before we ship - but one always retests to make sure one isn't losing one's mind.

You probably need to open a case and have customer support have a look at this & help you out.

Do you have Row Level Security active for the measure in question, and perhaps have pmfadmin blocked out of some area of dimensionality? It doesn't seem likely that you'd get this error in that situation, but I can't think of another reason it'd happen.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Guru
posted Hide Post
Ok. Thanks, Bob.
I check your suggestions and then if there is no change, I'll follow with the help desk.
Thanks.

Greg

PMF 8