Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    [solved] building a custom graph gadget

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[solved] building a custom graph gadget
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

I want to build a few different graphs, and have them be flexible and tweakable as gadgets. I have already recycled the PMF_BOOKLET_MEAS_GRAPH1.fex into a gadget, but I can't figure out how to / if I can show it at a lower dimension level (currently shows one actual line representing the sum total of my product dimension).

I figured if I could generate a custom measure query, it would be a doddle to build a graph on top of that. I researched the topic and the closest I could find was the Extracting Measure Data from PMX section of Bob's WebFOCUS PMX Platform V5 Development and Customization Guide - DRAFT 5 (12/22/2008). It talks about building a hold file in the PMFDATA app folder, which you can reference with a TABLE (GRAPH!) FILE PASS1 command. This is what it says to do:

-SET &RPT_TYPE='MEASURES';
-SET &TIME_RANGE='12MM';
-SET &SORTBY1='HUB_2';
-SET &SORTBY1_LVL_OUT='4';
-SET &SORTBY2='TIME';
-SET &RPT_FLDIN01='VAL_ACTUAL';
-SET &RPT_FLDIN02='VAL_TARGET';

-INCLUDE PMF_BOOKLET_DATA

TABLE FILE PASS1
PRINT *
END

I tried this two ways; I made a content page for the fex and I made the code into a gadget and put it on a dashboard. Both methods result in errors instead of a report, and I tracked it down to three missing variables:

&MISC_OBJ_SC
&MISC_OBJ_PE
&MISC_OBJ_MS

I tried setting them to FOC_NONE, but that only resulted in an EDASERVE crash.

So, I'm looking for a solution to my issue about how to make a custom graph gadget. If I'm barking up the wrong tree with this process, let me know what I should be doing instead. If this is the right direction, then how do I resolve this issue?

Cheers,

Joey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moogle,

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Not sure what that first sort field refers to... is that a dimension name?

you need to include the standard prequel INCLUDES:

-INCLUDE FOCEXEC_INFO
-INCLUDE A_DEFAULTS
-INCLUDE A_SCORECARD

Believe once you do that you won't get these errors...

Don't forget a -RUN after INCLUDE PMF_BOOKLET_DATA, and standard error handling.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,

Adding the 3 includes worked well, thank you very much.

The first sort field is indeed a dimension.

I'm curious about the various variables that are respected by the PMF_BOOKLET_DATA module.
So far I think I know what these do:

-SET &RPT_TYPE='MEASURES'; indicates if you are reporting on measures or objectives or perspectives
-SET &TIME_RANGE='12MM'; what time range will this data span?
-SET &SORTBY1='HUB_2'; First By Field; dimension name
-SET &SORTBY1_LVL_OUT='4'; First By Field; Level of dimension to use
-SET &SORTBY2='TIME'; Second By Field, indicating Time dimension
-SET &SORTACROSS='TIME_LEVEL03_VALUE'; indicates the field to use as the across
-SET &RPT_FLDIN01='VAL_ACTUAL'; displays actual number only
-SET &RPT_FLDIN02='VAL_TARGET'; displays target only
-SET &RPT_FLDIN03='PCTRCH_TARGET'; displays percent reached to the target
-SET &REPORT_TITLE='Actual VS Target'; title shown for the report when it's drilled upon
-SET &WFFMT='HTML'; output format
-SET &THIS_FOCEXEC='PMF_BOOKLET_DATA'; when viewing source, this is handy

I've also seen these, and I'm not really sure what function they serve:

-SET &INWH33='0';

If possible, I would love a complete list of variables that I could use, and I would extremely love a list of variables with descriptions of what they do.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
This is exactly the kind of information we should provide in the PMF Developer Guide. We will revise the Guide to include this information.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!