Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Error loading SVG in adnavbar.htm

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Error loading SVG in adnavbar.htm
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi all,
I'm looking for guidance to resolve this error when I open the Manage tab. It was working earlier today (PMF 5.2.3, WF 7.7.02).

I've done the following:
Refreshed the browser page.
Restarted my computer.
Downloaded and reinstalled the latest SVG Viewer 3.03.
Searched this forum for any related topics.
Searched the PMF docs for reference to this error.
Tested with both pmf_manufacturing and my own datamart.

Any other ideas, anyone?

TIA,
Greg

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
This error usually comes up if the web server isn't serving up SVG with the proper MIME TYPE, but that's not likely if you're using Tomcat as your web server as your signature indicates.

Please contact customer support. It's no doubt something happening on the machine where you are running the browser.

And just making sure... you installed SVG viewer on the PC where the *browser* is running, right? Not on the WebFOCUS Client or the Web server, which would not fix this.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Guru
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's correct, Bob. The SVG viewer is installed on the machine where the browser is running.
Thanks. I'll contact CS.

Greg

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Here's an update with some helpful info.
After following the instructions,below, I see the buttons but nothing in the right frame of the Manage tab for any button I click, except About PMF. When I right-click in the right frame and view source, all I see is .
If anyone has other suggestions, please feel free to pass them on.
TIA

Found on Tech Support site.

Solution Notes
Symptom Section

Error loading SVG in adnavabar.htm
Problem Section

Receive the above error when executing SAVE and LOAD from PMF (Performance
Management Framework) Manage tab.
Solution Section

Use the following steps to address this issue:

1) Clean browser cache by opening IE browser --> Click on Tools-->
Internet Options --> Click on the Delete button under Browser History.

2) Modify settings on the browser from the Security Tab --> Click on Tools -->
Internet Options --> Click on the Security Tab --> click on Custom Level
near bottom right of box.

3) Enable Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins, Allow Previously unused ActiveX
controls to run without prompts, Automatic prompting for AxtiveX controls,
Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting and click OK.

4) Change the Visit To Page radio button. This can be found by clicking on
Tools --> Internet Options --> Click on the General Tab --> Click on
the Setting button next to the Delete button located under browser history.

5) Make sure the radio button "Everytime I visit the webpage" is checked
under the heading "Check for newere versions of stored pages" --> Click
OK and click OK again to close down the Internet Options box.

Greg

PMF 8

Master
posted Hide Post
That case information you're following is quite old. Those are no longer the proper steps to take to remedy this issue. Your caching setting should be set to Automatic in IE.

Note: Again, looking in your signature - you seem to have upgraded to 7.7.02. If you are running PMF 5.2.3 WITHOUT ANY HOTFIXES applied to it, it won't work on WebFOCUS 7.7.02. PMF 5.2.3 plain was released long before WebFOCUS 7.7.02. You should upgrade to PMF 5.2.3 HF2, which was released *after* 7.7.02.

Also, please contact CSS. Rob Recker should be able to help you.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bob. I'll update my signature. I'm running with HF2.

Greg

PMF 8

posted Hide Post
I have been experiencing exactly the same error.
Unfortunately you have not addressed the complete problem because you are running on XP.
I am using Windows 7, IE8 with PMF 5.2.3 and WF 7702.
This combination still causes the above error.
I have no problems if I use XP instead of Windows 7.

Suggestions?

Paul Burridge
Senior Consultant
34 years with Information Builders
WebFOCUS 8.2.5 Win10

Posts: 17 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: February 21, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I myself use the exact same configuration as you and have no issues.

Recommend you contact technical support.

First, just confirming - you did install the Adobe SVG viewer, right?

If you have and are still having issues, we have noticed that old versions of the Skype plug-in for IE interfere with the Adobe SVG viewer. This is documented with customer support.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Guru
posted Hide Post
My apologiies for not updating this issue.

What I learned was that this error occured for me when I had Dev Studio and PMF open at the same time and was logged into each of them with a different id.
When I added 'pmfadmin' with the same password to MR and used that in Dev Studio and PMF then this issue went away.
If you logout from Dev Studio the issue may NOT go away. You may have delete all cookies and restart your machine. At least these are other steps that I did that led to eliminating this issue.
This issue has not returned once I followed these steps.
IHTH.

Greg

PMF 8

Master
posted Hide Post
Indeed, you discovered that running WebFOCUS in DevStudio AND in a bare browser at the same uses and overwrites the same IE cookies.

So that if you're logging on to MR in DevStudio with one ID, and using a second ID to log in to MR in your bare browser, DevStudio logs you out of the ID you might have been using for PMF. Only one MR ID at a time in IE. But if you use the same ID for MR in both PMF and DevStudio - the method of working you discovered - having both use the same MR ID - is exactly the right one. With that the issues go away.

PMF is language soft, multi-tenant, and secure based on user ID. For these architectural pieces of the application to work properly, you have to be logged on as an MR user with PMF access. Without the proper user ID in the browser cookie, PMF can't find its resources and can't operate.

You would have this issue with any app that uses an MR logon, it is not specifc to PMF.

So you can either use the same ID, or else explicitly log out of PMF before using DevStudio.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

posted Hide Post
Thanks Greg and Bob.

I co-ordinated the logons between Dev.Studio and PMF and it works fine now.
The SVG error doesnt give any easy clues that point to cookies or logons. And because sometimes it worked (and mostly it didn't) it was not easy to find the cause.
I suspect that a lot of developers are going to run into this problem in the future...

Paul Burridge
Senior Consultant
34 years with Information Builders
WebFOCUS 8.2.5 Win10

Posts: 17 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: February 21, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
PMF is basically dead and unable to tell you what's going on in this situation.
However If you have a case open with CSS, let them know of the resolution.
We'll also add this info to the troubleshooting section in the PMF documentation so future people will have a recourse.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105