Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PMF Setup with DB2
 Login/Join

<ABHINAV BALI>
posted
Hi,

I am setting up PMF using DB2. I run the db2 script to set up Database "PMF" successfully + all tables in database. In webfocus webserver ,I created a db2 adapter pointing datasource to PMF and connection name as "mainstreet". I renamed existing connection in MSSQLServer from mainstreet to mainstreet123(say) to avoid conflict.Connection looks ok showing all tables. But when I logoff and login again in PMF, it says "Database not available". Not sure if I have missed something or have done something wrong in above steps.

Thanks
Abhinav

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Abhinav--
Are we correct in assuming that you're having a problem because you first installed PMF selecting SQL Server as your data mart, then are trying to reconfigure it to use DB2?

If so, you will need to re-install PMF, using the same license code, and selecting the option for DB2 as the RDBMS. If not then you do not have the access and master files for DB2. You will need to rum the installer and select DB2 as the RDBMS; this will create an app called pmfdb2 which will contain these files. The installer will place pmfdb2 in the app path; make sure to remove pmfmss from the app path (EDASPROF.PRF).

Definitely give the doc a look...

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

<ABHINAV BALI>
posted
Hi,

I followed the same steps but no success. Still Database not available Error.

My database name in db2 is PMF because scripts in db2 created the database under this name. However, installation ask to create database "PMF_Datamart" manually. Not sure will that make a difference if i want to run a century corp demo using db2. My understanding is that PMF_Datamart is empty database used to create a new scorecard. Like in SqlServer we used pmf_manufacturing to run century corp, where should we point datasource in adapter configuration of db2. At the moment its pointing to database called "PMF" in db2 and connection name is mainstreet.

Thanks
Abhinav

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
What version of PMF are you working with?

The fact the message is "DB not available" possibly indicates a physical connection error. Or it could indicate there was a problem running the SQL scripts (DDL) to create the DB. Make sure the DB/2 console didn't throw any errors when you ran the SQL Script. Follow the directions for setting up DB/2 security and table/index space in comments in the DB2.SQL script.

We're assuming you have taken PMF out of the way and made sure you can physically access the data mart from WebFOCUS. You know you need a DB/2 client from IBM for accessing the DB installed on your WebFOCUS server (and that it should be the same version as the server), and to have that client configured to access your DB/2 RDBMS. Then the WebFOCUS server adaptor connection needs to be configured to talk to the data mart, which means the security credentials must match.

Finally you should run PMF against the data mart using an administrator log-on (the default is pmfadmin and should already be set up in your MR environment). First time you log on you should get a request from PMF to resync. Do that and enter any additional DB info as prompted fully and accurately.

Lastly, if you want to run the CentCorp demo using DB/2 you will need to restore a snapshot of the centcorp DB, once the entire connection is set up. PMF 5.2.1 ships with a snapshot of centcorp and you can restore it by running the PMF Administration Console.

If this does not help, please contact technical support, as the forum is limited in the ability to offer that kind of help.

Hope this helps.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!