Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Loading Data option
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a measure that is a YTD measure. Every month I only get the data for that month. I want to be able to add that month's data and ignore the others. By choosing the option to Add new and increment old, it works because I am not adding anything to the old. However if there was a data error and we need to "reload" the current month, I am stuck. If I put it to replace, it wipes out all the old data and I don't want to increment. I would need an option that says replace new and do nothing with old. Do you have another suggestion?

Thanks.

WF 8.09

Posts: 68 | Location: United States | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Sounds as if you need a new feature. Something like "Replace new, leave old."

Right now the only way to do this would be to clear out the data in the table. But in the case of a customer I would not recommend that.

You could run a process before the load to do a MODIFY and clear out new data based on last load date. Since measures that are not changed are not updated, the old data dates would not reflect the load date. So that's a possible technique for now.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Master
posted Hide Post
Another thing to consider. What you're asking for sounds a bit like rollback. RDBMSs do this already. If you've got the rollback option turned on in the RDBMS, you can roll the data back to the last good load, then re-do the load with the good data.

Try that one on.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately we do not have a RDBMS behind this measure, so the "Replace new, leave old" sounds really nice!

WF 8.09

Posts: 68 | Location: United States | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
But you do have an RDBMS behind PMF. The rollback I am describing is in PMF's data mart, not on the source, of course.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Bob,
Do we only "commit" when all data loaded successfully into PMF?
If so, Janice should be ok.
\But if Janice finds out that the data was loaded, but dirty and needs to reload current, month, she is in trouble.
Endre

Posts: 32 | Location: All over US | Registered: March 12, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
If there are load errors, each measure load can be set up to either ignore errors and always load the "good" part of the measure data, or to automatically halt and not load on errors.

If you don't want PMF to load data if there are any errors, you must select the error option on the measure loader for each measure you want to protect from erroneous loads, so as to not allow any data to be loaded on errors.

If you have already half-loaded erroneous measures into the mart, and you disabled the error checking routine, which disables your protection if the measure load isn't 100% kosher, it's still not a total loss if you use the RDBMS's save and rollback technology to roll the data mart to a last known good version. That's what I'd recommend as a backup process in the future, besides turning error checking on for your measure loads.

Hope this helps.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105