Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    customizing the "my preferences for this gadget" window

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
customizing the "my preferences for this gadget" window
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

I've built a gadget that my client is pretty happy with, but I feel it could still be better.

Specifically:

-one of my Sort By fields is Time, but I'd like to restrict the list of filters that are displayed in the combobox for that dimension
-picking "User Specified Dimension" is the only way I can have a dynamic dimension which varies by scorecard. It works well, except one of the options is Time, which is redundant to my other Sort By

I've spent a fair bit of time figuring out how PMF populates list boxes. See this post for details of my learning process:

http://forums.informationbuild...461084022/m/89910512

For the Time dimension combobox, I figure that it might be using the javascript function called populateTimeFilter() found in the pmf_lib.js file. The modifications I'd like to do to the gadget filter list would be 90% finished if I could switch the function to populateListBox() with a custom 'theFEX' variable. The only problem is that I can't figure out which html file actually calls these functions. I found gadget_class_form.htm, but I think that's the class builder on the manage tab. I found gadget_page_form.htm and gadget_page_shell_form.htm, but didn't find populateTimeFilter() in either of them. So, what file(s) builds that gadget preferences window?

For the second issue, I'm a little less hopeful that I can sort this one out. I believe that a_list_dimensions.fex is often responsible for figuring out what dimensions are in the system, but again, I am not sure of the page that builds the preferences window, so I haven't gotten anywhere with customizing this bit. The thing that I have working in my favour is that the Time dimension is always called TIME, so I may be able to write some dialogue manager code if I can find where to put it. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Joey,

Let's see if we can point you in the right direction for these customizations.

The "my preferences for this gadget" are controlled in the gadget_personalize.js file. The time filter selection is populated by the PMF_FORM_GET_DIM_DROPDOWN ajax call. Be careful modifying this as there are multiple references to this throughout PMF.

Regarding the dimension control display it is controlled by the setInstance_Parms() method where the cls_type == 'F' and cls_subtype == 'DIM'. Be careful here as well with making changes as this will change the functionality of all gadgets in all dashboards.

Good luck!
Mike