Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    User Entered Measure Rollup Error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
User Entered Measure Rollup Error
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have set up a user-entered measure and have three dimensions defined (time, segment, product). After inputting the data and viewing the results on my today page, I am seeing some odd behavior that I am not sure is a setup error or an issue.

My today page is the Measures-Compare to Previous view. The data that I have input is only for October and November. When I click on the Actual column and select Measure Details, on the drill down I see a row for 2009/10 and one for 2009/11. When I click on 2009/11 and select view by product it correctly explodes the data into the proper product categories as defined in the dimension, but the values are displayed as the sum of October + November, instead of just November only.

I have many other measures on other scorecards that behave properly, but they only have the time dimension attached.

I am not sure if this problem is beling caused by the addition of other dimensions, or if I'm missing something in the setup.

When I click on a single month and ask to drill down, I expect to only see that particular month exploded.

If I create a single month ad-hoc report in Analysis Designer, I get what I want, so I can verify the data entry was correct.

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Jeff

PMF 5.1.1

Master
posted Hide Post
Sorry nobody's answered this one yet. We'll look into this.

In general you should consider upgrading to 5.1.3; we fixed some aspects of the "tree reports" and use of the Time Dimension in 5.1.3 and that could fix your issue.

5.2.1 will have additional work done in this area, including the ability to control default Dimensional access on these reports.

The best thing about 5.2.1. will be that you can actually dump this report and use a Dashboard to run it, since the DImension Tree is a gadget in 5.2.1, and the report another gadget, so you can not only have the tree automating the report but also other gadgets including Flex gadgets, charts, etc., at the same time.

And the new gadget Dimension tree is also "sticky..." another capability customers have been wanting. That means it remembers and shows you all the nodes you have clicked, for each dimension in the tree, and it's easy to swap and remove the nodes by clicking.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!