Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Show Red Indicators only

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Show Red Indicators only
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Okay, I know I've seen this...

I found the setting in the Gadget Designer -- but does it exist somewhere else? Specifically if a user is out there looking at a report, is there a way for them to switch it to only look at the red indicators? I could have swore I saw it somewhere besides in the gadget design, but I'll be darned if I can find it now.

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Yes, all the templates used by Analysis Designer - Metrics Vertical Sort, Metrics Across Dimension, and Metrics Crosstab allow you to specify red indicators only. This means you can create any of tens of thousands of reports off these templates that limit what's displayed to those with red. This is perfect for exception-based reports.

For those of you who are more technically-minded, the parameter in the standard Analysis Designer templates that controls this is &INWH33. I know that's a geeky name, but it's the name we use, and we *have to* love it. If it's set to 1 (the default) the view displays H/M/L; if it's 2, the view displays only M&L, if 3, the view displays only L.

For those who are confused by my nomenclature of H, M and L, H (high) generally corresponds to what people call "green" (though the Few and new Glass indicator set renders it as transparent); M (mid-range - warning) is "yellow" (though the Few set renders it as pink), and "L" (low - danger) is "red" (which is also red in the Few set).

Note that the Analysis Designer templates are optimized to show performance at the measure level. Although you can sort by strategy components - objectives and perspectives, you aren't showing the objective or perpsective level aggregates.

In the next major release of PMF, 5.0, there will be new templates that allow you to use these higher-level aggregates as well. These templates will follow the model used for the metric-level ones; you will be able to summarize performance at objective, perspective, and scorecard level in a vertical, across-a-dimension, or crosstab manner.

Hope this helps!

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Cool, I will look into the use of that parameter -- and will definitely look forward to the 5.0 release. Any expected timeframe for that?

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Summer is always Major Release Time here in PMF-land.

Think "July."

We'll also be previewing it at Summit.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!