Focal Point
Gadgets?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/5751065513

January 27, 2009, 04:51 PM
slfmr
Gadgets?
Hi All,

I am trying to create a fancy dashboard that has what some of us know as bricklets and also it seems gadgets (PMF).

Is PMF the only tool in WebFOCUS that allow us to create a dashboard with that look and feel or are there other tools... aside from manually creating them?

I have done some researching and reading and PMF seems to be all there is, but we currently do not have this tool so I was wondering if there was another way.

Thank you for the feedback.

Dev, SIT, UAT, Production:7.6.6
Dev Sandbox:7.6.11

Dev Studio - 7.6.6
January 27, 2009, 05:08 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
PMF is the environment to do these automatically. You can do your own HTML development of course but you'd have to recreate what PMF does to manage dashboards for you - to build this manually would take a long time.

PMF lets you manage scorecards full of metrics and dashboards to show them, with ability to let users set their preferences and to remember these preferences for each gadget on each dashboard.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

January 28, 2009, 10:16 AM
slfmr
Thanks so much for your response! I will talk to our people to see what sort of license agreement we have and what adding this would cost.

Dev, SIT, UAT, Production:7.6.6
Dev Sandbox:7.6.11

Dev Studio - 7.6.6