Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Counts Graph and Bullet Chart

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Counts Graph and Bullet Chart
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am putting together a sample dashboard to display available PMF graph and chart gadgets.

I was unable to set the gadget preferences to have the following gadgets display:

1) Metric - Counts of Actual RYG Bars
2) Metric - Bullet Chart (Multi-Measure)

Does anyone know a trick to get either of these gadgets to display? Our data seems clean and other gadgets are displaying.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Seth

WF 7.65. Solaris. PMF 5.11 on Oracle 10g

Posts: 48 | Location: New York | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Yes, looked at those and they are broken. They're not on any of the default dashboards that ship with PMF. So they don't get used much, hence nobody noticed. The counts of items capability is not working in PMF at the moment, which explains why that one doesn't work. Nobody seems to care about it, but we'll have it working soon. Meantime I guess don't use them. :-)

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
They're not on any of the default dashboards that ship with PMF. So they don't get used much, hence nobody noticed.
So you're saying that testing the product goes no further than what is used in the supplied dashboards then? I'm astonished!

quote:
Nobody seems to care about it, but we'll have it working soon. Meantime I guess don't use them. :-)
I'm sorry Bob, but is that a good message to send out (even if you didn't mean it in the way that it could be perceived)?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Re: "nobody seems to care about it". The community can correct me publicly saying "no, I care about that feature." Hence I say it publicly, then listen to the community for the contradiction. If it's crickets, maybe a feature nobody cares about gets deprecated, and we spend dev and QA resources on things people do care about. A good thing, no?

In fact, the count-of-R-Y-Gs feature was - documentedly to coin a word - turned off when V5 and its ambitious new architecture came out. We waited for the firestorm. Crickets. It occurred to us perhaps it's not much used (e.g., "nobody cared")? Hm, maybe it's time to retire it? But first we put out the question.

Re: testing. The QA team tests many many scenarios for use (PMF is a pretty flexible system, and flexibility gives QA teams a lot to do). So PMF gets very through QA. Gadgets are sometimes the result of guest developers and/or crackpot ideas from me (the crackpot-in chief). The more they are used the better for everyone, but everything isn't always used, and if something slips through the cracks - which happens with any software - we can fix it. We've been caught with a few bugs. But not that many.

The forum is a conversation between product development, consultants, customers, consumers and their management. For that conversation to be fruitful, it should - one supposes - be honest. The users here on the forum are honest. So are we.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I am having problem with generating a graph with multile bar charts.

I am able to generate a graph with y-axis and x-axis having a field value each but I can't represent two fields in x-axis.

The task is:
1. represent count value in y-axis (I have done this)
2. X-axis: For each Aug-2009, Sep-2009 and Oct-2009 in x-axis, generate graph for 4 countries.

Please, how do I apply two fields(month and country) to the x-axis.

Also, I want to add a condition where a YEAR field = current year. can someone let me know how to implement this? what is the current year function please.

Thanks.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Windows/SQL/CUBES
HTML/PDF/XLS

Posts: 117 | Registered: November 18, 2009Report This Post