Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Timeout Error on Today Page.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Timeout Error on Today Page.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi

I am working with the pmf_manufacturing database .
When on the Today page I receive the following error.

p_blocks is undefined

When I refresh the dashboard I will get a "TIMEOUT for semaphore_run:sema and a number attached
I am trying to get to the admininstrator dashboard to hit the resync button because I have changed the connection string on the adapter via the reporting server web console.

Can anyone shed some light on this one?

Merci / Thank you in advance.

Environment LocalMachine
PMF Version: 5.2.3 HF 1
WF Version 7702
RDBMS MSSQL Express 2008

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
An update.

I set the Alternatime Time Summary to Y in the Manage Tab , no more errors.

I suspected this only when I tried running the Rolling 5 Period report and it produced an error on gettime period.
I changed the value and re-ran the Administrator's Dashboard , re-sync and works fine

Merci.

John.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

We have run into this issue at my client, and it has been explained to us as a timeout on an AJAX request.

The PMF product team has recommended a change to one of the javascript library files to prevent this from happening. The file is called pmf_lib.js and it is found in the mainstreet application folder. This is the original setting from within the file:

var ajax_timeout = 30000 ;

This is the new setting:

var ajax_timeout = 60000 ;

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Changing the AJAX timeout is simply a workaround to a bad performing app environment.

The real way to get this fixed is to review the performance of the installed configuration and get its performance up.

No AJAX query should take more than 2-3 seconds. If yours are running 30, that's not good; it means some part of the environment on which PMF is running needs to be optimized for better realtime performance.

For more info, please see the PMF Installation and Configuration Guide, which has a whole set of practices on getting your environment tuned for best performance.

A slow environment means a slow PMF. PMF is designed to run fast but as in any performance situation, you need to assess hardware, network and other components and eliminate your bottlenecks. Your users aren't going to be happy if screens take 30+ seconds to refresh.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I suspected that my local machine was the issue. Now that is confirmed.

JB thanks for the info on the Ajax and js file. Good to know.

Comme toujours Merci Bob.

John.

Master
posted Hide Post
In PMF 5.2.3 and onward, the AJAX timeout setting is a standard setting. You don't have to modify a file.

This gives you a way to change the default without changing a file.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!