Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Measure Properties not showing all Threshold and Flex info

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Measure Properties not showing all Threshold and Flex info
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
With 'Measure Properties' I don't see Treshold Value or any Flex information yet I've entered this and it shows on the reports.
This information is in the 5.2.2 User Doc example.
My user has requested this information to available to a User role.
We are using 5.2.3 HF4.

Has this object changed? Do I need to change a setting to see the Treshold value and Flex information?

Thanks.

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
When PMF was changed to allow more than the default tolerance profile of H-M-L, all assumptions were off so value for flex information had to drop off the properties report, since there were now a variable number of levels to be dealt with.

We will put that info back eventually.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Guru
posted Hide Post
Ok. Thanks, Bob.

Can the Threshold value and Flex information be retrieved?

Thanks.

Greg

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Now you're making me design this change :-)

These values used to be stored in the measure series table (renamed to pm_meas_src) but now they're in a separate table (PM_MEAS_SRC_BRKPNT_VALS ) to allow the number of levels to be soft.

You could issue a request by JOINing PM_MEAS_SRC to PM_MEAS_SRC_BRKPNT_VALS_VW. Since you're running 5.2.3HF4 this is a listing report that should work:

-INCLUDE A_DEFAULTS
JOIN MEASURE_SERIES IN PM_MEAS_SRC_BRKPNT_VALS_VW TO MEASURE_SERIES IN PM_MEAS_SRC AS JOIN1
-RUN
DEFINE FILE PM_MEAS_SRC_BRKPNT_VALS_VW
FTYPE/A15 = IF (TLRNC_LVL_LOWER EQ 1) THEN 'Threshold' ELSE 'Flex' ;
END
TABLE FILE PM_MEAS_SRC_BRKPNT_VALS_VW
PRINT
FTYPE
BRKPNT_VALUE
BY MEASURE_SERIES_NAME
WHERE MEASURE_FIELD_NAME EQ 'TARGET' ;
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
-INCLUDE A_STYLE01
END

If you wanted to show the info for only one measure you could issue a WHERE on MEASURE_SERIES.

Same extraction principle would apply for the properties report which is already doing such a filter. The 5.2.3HF4 properties report took out the old code that got the tolerances. A revised one would need to put them back using these principles.

We'll get to it sometime in 5.3! Meantime you could customize if you like.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Guru
posted Hide Post
This is great, Bob.

Thanks for the help.

Greg

PMF 8