Focal Point
Passing current date to operational report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/6041010062

December 03, 2007, 05:07 PM
Janice
Passing current date to operational report
I am using the new feature in 4.2 which allows you to pass a dimensional value to an operational report. It is working great for my "class" dimension on the previous vs current report.

I would also like to pass the "current date" from PMF to the operational report also. My "current date" is currently set to a fixed date. What would be the best technique to use to pass the "current date" to an operational report?

Thanks in advance

WF 8.09
December 04, 2007, 12:12 PM
Michael Paul
Hi Janice,

If by fixed date you mean the configured fixed date PMF is configured with, you can grab this value from the following variables.

&TLVL01_CUR = Year
&TLVL02_CUR = Time level 2 (quarter)
&TLVL03_CUR = TIme level 3 (month)

These values are stored in A_DEFAULTS.

Best regards,
Mike
December 04, 2007, 03:00 PM
Janice
Ok. And how do I get them to pass to an operational report? Does it work like the other dimensions where you pass them through the gadg_dim_parms?

WF 8.09
December 04, 2007, 03:30 PM
Michael Paul
I would just -INCLUDE A_DEFAULTS in the top of the operational report and then &TLVL01_CUR, &TLVL02_CUR and &TLVL03_CUR are available in your report.

If you wanted to pass the report the specific TIME filters used on a particular report you should use the gadg_dim_parms like the other dimensions but for TIME.

Brgds,
Mike
December 04, 2007, 06:41 PM
Janice
Thanks Mike! It's working well.

WF 8.09