Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    How to change Column Headings on 5-rolling-periods reports?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to change Column Headings on 5-rolling-periods reports?
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know how I can change the column headings of a 5-rolling-period report? We use fiscal year that runs from October to September instead of calendar year.

For fiscal year 2011-2012, which runs from October 2011 to September 2012, our 5-rolling-periods quarter report displays 2011Q1 for the first quarter of fiscal year 2011-2012 as column title, 2011Q2 for 2nd quarter, etc. Is there a way I can change 2011Q1 to 2012Q1 instead?

All computations are correct, it's only the column headings that confuse my users to no end because they see fiscal year 2011-2012 as 2012, not 2011 as PMF reports are displaying.

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kncoi,

WebFocus 8.1.03
PMF 8.0.5
Windows Server 2012
Windows 7
html

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear, you seem to be saying that October 2011 is the start of Fiscal Year 2012. So Oct 2011 is Fiscal 2012/01, Nov 2011 is Fiscal 2012/02, etc, and September 2012 is Fiscal 2012/12.

Do I understand correctly?

Also, what version of PMF are you running?

EricH

posted Hide Post
Eric, you are correct. Oct 2012 would be the first month of our Fiscal Year 2012-2013, and you can denote is as FY 2012/01 or you can denote it as FY 2013/01.

My user would like to see October 2011 to be denoted as FY 2013/01 and not FY 2012/01 like what the current reports are displaying. Similarly, she would like to see the 1st quarter of fiscal year 2012-2013 to be displayed as FY 2013/Q1, and not as FY 2012/Q1.

I am on PMF 5.2.3.

Kim

WebFocus 8.1.03
PMF 8.0.5
Windows Server 2012
Windows 7
html

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Kim,

On the Dimension Loader for Time there are two options to control Fiscal Year processing. One option is "Start month". I'm assuming you already set that to October. Once you select October, another option opens up just below that: "Fiscal Year start type". There are two options on this drop down, My hunch is that you have this set to "Current year". Change this to "Next year", then click Save, then click the Load button.

EricH

posted Hide Post
You're right again, Eric. My "Fiscal Year Start Type" is set to "Current Year". However, when I changed it to "Next Year" (& saved, reloaded), the entire calendar moved BACK 1 year. For example, the data that was shown as October 2011 is now shown as October 2010, quarter 1 of FY 2011-12 is now a sum of Oct, Nov, and Dec 2010 (should be 2011).

Meanwhile, the 5-rolling-period report's column headings remain the same. They are still showing 2011 for FY 2011-12 instead of 2012.

Please let me know if you can think of something else that I can try. I am taking this issue to Tech Support. Maybe they have seen this before.

Thank you for all your help.

Kim

WebFocus 8.1.03
PMF 8.0.5
Windows Server 2012
Windows 7
html

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Kim -

I think I see where the confusion lies (and it was mostly on my part). Internally PMF assumes that your incoming data is stored in Fiscal format. So when you load data for Year 2012 Month 01, it assumes that you have loaded Fiscal Year 2012, Fiscal Month 01. And if you leave the month display as numeric, this displays on your reports as 2012/01.

It is only when you switch the Time display to display month names (or abbreviations) that the Fiscal Year Start Type comes into play. Once you switch to displaying Month Names PMF switches over to displaying calendar values, not Fiscal Values.

So if you want to see 2012Q1, simply make sure that your incoming Measure data is 2012/01 and then keep the month display as numeric.

EricH