Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PMF 2.? Release
 Login/Join

posted
Error generating Dimensions

The following error was encountered:

Error Summary: Problem generating level information.
Trace Message: Error S08_B FOCERRNUM: 1072 , LINES: 77, Expected LINES: 77, Dimension: P

.....How would you clear out (delete) a dimension and reload it from scratch???

Master
posted Hide Post
There's a checkbox option "delete if not in new." That clears out old values.

If you are completely restructuring an existing dimension, note that you'll want to check that option. You should also click the Sample Data button to ensure you're getting data from the dimensional source.

Also note, any major restructuring of a dimension would require you to reload the linked measures.

thanks!

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

posted Hide Post
Well, that's what I thought and had the checkbox checked.....
How does the levels work - I have 3 levels
when I view source, this appears after -RUN:
(FOC1072) DUPLICATES IN JOIN 'FROM' FIELD : DIMENSIONS_SOURCE/ ........ Solution???

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
LaRev:

Have you recently switched to a new release of WebFOCUS?

Also - and this is addressed to everyone - if you could put your PMF Release, WebFOCUS release, and RDBMS & release into your signature, it would be a big help to us.

Eric Heilner
PMF Project Director

posted Hide Post
We're on PMF release 2.6 (my post's title)

Master
posted Hide Post
I think Eric is trying to ask what is the version of WebFOCUS that PMF is running on top of. He's probably concerned that the release might have been upgraded and there might be some version issue. PMF 2.6a is not certified for WebFOCUS 76, for example, so you folks might need an upgrade.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
LaRev,

Basically, we're trying to figure out if this problem could have been caused by something that changed in your environment or if it's something specific to PMF.

We understand that you're working on PMF 2.6. However, there are other factors involved. So have you recently switched to a new release of WebFOCUS? For example, were you running on WebFOCUS 7.15 and you recently switched to 7.64?

For your RDBMS, have you recently migrated to a new release? For example, did you recently migrate from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005?

Have you switched to a new server? For example, did you switch over to a server running Vista?

If the answer to all of those questions is no, then the next set of questions is are you doing anything differently inside of PMF. E.g., are you adding this dimension for the first time in your system - OR - have you been using it successfully for a while? If you've been using it for a while, is this the first time you have tried to re-load it? Or has this process worked before and now all of a sudden it's not working?

We will get to the bottom of this and figure out what's happening. Smiler

Eric Heilner
PMF Project Director

posted Hide Post
I think this is an old problem with dimensions. We are running Webfocus 7.15 with SQL 2000 which haven't changed.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
LaRev,

My hunch is that something changed in your environment without your knowledge. Perhaps a folder was moved or your source file layout changed. Regardless, we will need to dig more deeply than we can do here. Please open up a case with our customer support. We will need code traces, so please change your applicaion tracing to ALL in your PMF Settings, then re-run, then do a 'View Source' in your browser and send that file in when you open the case.

Eric Heilner
PMF Project Director

posted Hide Post
I have submitted Case to Tech Support.Thank You