Focal Point
Hover text on Measure titles

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/6307056516

January 20, 2012, 04:45 AM
Keerthi
Hover text on Measure titles
how can be place a hover text on a measure name? i mean when the user hovers over the measure name titles, they want to see a text which talks about the measure description.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keerthi

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
January 20, 2012, 08:53 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
On what context? Which report, chart, etc?

Note that in any report that lists Measures, you can get the description via a drill on "Measure Properties".

If you wanted to implement a hover, you could accomplish this via a customization to the procedure in question. You might try a JavaScript method or use the TITLE= attribute on the cell where the Measure name appears. You would have to extract the Measure properties for each Measure you were displaying in the context... which would mean a customization to the core reporting code as well.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

January 24, 2012, 12:37 AM
Keerthi
Its a pmf_rpt_tmplt_meas_crstab.fex, i wouldlike to place hover test on the Measure name title.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
January 24, 2012, 11:46 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
It would be a fairly complex customization to do this, as mentioned above.

One thing that might work for you and would be easier would be to drop the "Measure Properties" or "Metric Related properties" gadget on your Dashboard and having it receive broadcasts on Measure. The gadget will automatically display the properties for all Measures multi-selected on the Dashboard, and this avoids having to make any customizations.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!