Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    [closed] Data validation; all measures by all dims?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[closed] Data validation; all measures by all dims?
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi Team,

I wonder if there is a way to display all measures by all dimensions? Picture Analysis Designer with six or seven Sort By fields instead of two.

This is a request related to some data validation activities that my client is on the cusp of undertaking.

Perhaps I could do something like when I turn an Analysis Designer into a gadget, except instead of this:

-SET &SORTBY1='DIMNAME';
-SET &SORTBY1='DIMNAME2';

It might be this:

-SET &SORTBY1='DIMNAME';
-SET &SORTBY2='DIMNAME2';
-SET &SORTBY3='DIMNAME3';
-SET &SORTBY4='DIMNAME4';
-SET &SORTBY5='DIMNAME5';
-SET &SORTBY6='DIMNAME6';

However, what template would I use? For AD based gadgets I would do an -INCLUDE on PMF_RPT_TMPLT_MEAS_ACRDIM or PMF_RPT_TMPLT_MEAS_VERT

I'd be thrilled/embarrassed if there is already a piece of built-in content that handles this.

Cheers,

Joey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moogle,

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
The resulting report would be HUGE and probably a bit unwieldy but I guess that's OK with the IT guys?

There's an upward limitation of three sorts and one across in the modular template reports and in pmf_booklet_data - it's designed for consumers looking to report on stuff not for IT to validate data. So you'd need to write a custom report to do this.

Note that if hierarchical recursion (rather than pulling out one level per Dimension) is expected this is a major coding project.

Note: If you're just doing a vertical sort you have no limits. For horizontal sorts there is a break limit for ACROSS in FOCUS so you have to be cognizant of your breaks.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,

I was going to tackle building this if it was as easy as using PMF_BOOKLET_DATA to drive the query, out of goodwill and a desire to smooth my client's way. Since the PMF query engine (that's how I refer to PMF_BOOKLET_DATA) is built to support only three by fields and one across, I am going to stop right here.

Unfortunately, there's no room in my project plant to build a custom report based on the PMF datamart. In fact, I consider the PMF data model to be a bit of a black box, and that's why I only ever use the query engine to drive custom content. I just can't be sure that I would be able to report out measure values as they should be reported if I tried it on my own. There's also the concept of upgrades to consider, which would certainly break any pure custom coded work.

So, thank you for your time and have a great rest of your day.

Cheers,

Joey

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We're planning to come out with a greatly revamped core reporting engine in 2012, which will remove some limitations. Stay tuned. Sorry we couldn't be of more use right away!

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!