Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Gadget Preferences - measure change not being saved

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Gadget Preferences - measure change not being saved
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am updating the Today Page gadget preferences. (Version 8.1.4) On initial load of the Today Page three measures are included in a gadget. Using the gadget preference process I remove/deselect a measure that I do not want included. The gadget refreshes correctly containing the two remaining measures that I need. However, when I close the portal and run it again, the gadget contains the original three measures. What am I missing? How do I get the gadget preference changes to save? Thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi

By design, the dropdowns on every chart on a dashboard shows all metrics available to all charts and grids. This makes it easy to configured the entire dashboard to a shared pool. Also remember that as you work, PMF is caching the data to speed things up.

So this means that at least one of your charts is showing other metrics.

If you want to change this, use the dashboard-level filters, which apply your selected metrics to the entire dashboard - so this is a fast way to filter everything.

If you change the dropdown on a chart, PMF remembers that selection by user, by scorecard, by dashboard, so you always leave off where you started.

Hope all this makes sense and is helpful.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have three measures on the Today Page dashboard. Bookings, Shipments, and Backlog. I have six gadgets. I want the Backlog measure to be included in only one of the six gadgets. I removed the Backlog measure from all gadgets and the dashboard remembered my changes when closed and run again. I added the Backlog measure to one gadget and the Backlog measure returned to the other gadgets. How can I get the Backlog gadget to be included in only one gadget and not automatically added to other gadgets?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML

Master
posted Hide Post
The measure is available to all gadgets... but you don't have to visualize it on all gadgets.

On the left top of every chart gadget, there's a dropdown menu that lets you select what you want to see, and this lets you leave measures out easily. Some gadgets allow single-selection and others allow multiple. If it's a multi-selector that can show multiple measures at a time (for example, the HTML5 Measure Multiline chart), each click acts as a toggle, and the Highlight shows the current selection state of each Measure.

On grids, make sure the gadget has been configured to filter on Measures, otherwise it will show all measures. You can change that from Manage > Gadgets. Click the Gadget to go to the Gadget Designer, and make sure Measures has been chosen as a filter. If the gadget is capable of showing more than one measure at a time (most do) you can also check Multi-select.

After you have made this change, click Save to persist the change, and then push the change to all dashboards by clicking: Reset Dashboard Defaults.

Once you have done these steps, that gadget will now be sensitive to filtering on Measure.

Hope this helps even more...

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Bob, Thanks. I am making progress. I see the dropdown menu on the left top of the chart gadgets and the selection is working for me. However I am still having difficulty understanding the process for a grid gadget. With multi-select unchecked I can successfully select the desired measure using the gadget preference option. With multi-select all measures are included in the gadget. There is no measure dropdown on the grid gadgets for me to select measures. How do I make the measure selection in the grid gadgets as I can in the chart gadgets? Thanks.

Master
posted Hide Post
OK, great.

Click the gadget properties (vertical ellipsis) icon on the top left of the grid gadget's title bar (it will appear on the right hand side hover palette if you're hiding titles).

in the drawer, open Filters > Measures and Select the Measures you want the gadget to display. Click the big Dashboard button on the top left to close out of the panel. Note that big button is a universal closer for anything you're doing.

If you don't see Measures under Filter, you need to follow the procedure above to configure the gadget accept a filter on measures with multi-select. Remember to click Reset Dashboard Defaults when you're done adding the filter to push it.

Note that when you're navigating normally, the Dashboard ALSO has a global filter that your users can use to change what they're looking at - they can analyze any metrics they want.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Bob, I am still unsuccessful in my attempt to save the selected measures to be included in a grid gadget. The Gadget Preference changes applied when selecting the vertical ellipsis appear to be only temporary. Whenever I close and reopen the Today Page none of the preference changes that were applied appear on the grid gadgets.

Master
posted Hide Post
we can walk through the process together - how's tomorrow for you?

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Gold member
posted Hide Post
In the 5.3.2 release I would select My Preferences for this Gadget --> Select Multiple Measures --> Add the measures from the list of Available to the Selected --> Accept

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is good for me. Any time