Focal Point
Multiple Intances of PMF on the same server

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/671101951

June 22, 2009, 11:35 AM
Wihan
Multiple Intances of PMF on the same server
Hi everyone,

Our customer has a requirment to have multiple instances of PMF on the same server. I just want to know if this is at all possible, and if so how?

Kind Regards,

WebFOCUS 7.6.5
Windows XP service pack 2
June 22, 2009, 01:21 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Thanks.

By multiple instances do you mean more than one data mart, or more than one different version of PMF?

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

June 23, 2009, 05:05 AM
Wihan
Hi Bob,

By multiple instances I mean, the same version of PMF for both instances, but different data marts.

WebFOCUS 7.6.5
June 23, 2009, 11:44 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
It is possible to do, albeit complex. It's not done commonly, but was done at a very large customer with many separate and distinct companies they were managing; the customer did not want any single company to see any part of the data for a different company.

Note that if you set PMF up this way, there will be no visibility or sharing of data between the separate data marts. This would be best if you were installing PMF to have the application to be shared amongst different physical companies, with no commonality of information between them (totally separate metrics, dimensions, scorecards).

Also note that each data mart is treated as a separate PMF application; you should contact your IB representative to see how this should be licensed.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

June 24, 2009, 04:44 AM
Wihan
Thank you Bob,

Is ther documentaion on how to achieve this?

Kind Regards,

Wihan

WebFOCUS 7.6.5
June 24, 2009, 08:50 AM
Bob Jude Ferrante
The consultant who did the implementation gave us some brief notes recently. They're very customer specific and we haven't tested them. We'll get something to you.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105