Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Gadget to display perspectives and measures

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Gadget to display perspectives and measures
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi there,

I'm looking for a gadget that gives me a brief overview of all perspectives and their corresponding measures.

I do not want to see the "goals" (hope this is the right translation as I use another language).

It should look like a table, a little bit like "gadget_rpt_persp_obj01.fex":

2010/01 2010/02
%reached actual target %reached actual target ...
Perspective 1
Measure a
Measure b
Perspective 2
Measure c
Measure d
Perspective 3
Measure e
Measure f

Any ideas are welcome.

Kind regards,

Stefan

WF 7.6.9
PMF 5.1.3
BID 7.6.9

Win XP
HTML, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint

Posts: 69 | Location: Germany | Registered: September 21, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I think there might already a gadget that does this. Have a look at Metric - Pct Reached for Perspective. Does that work for you?

If not...

You might be looking for a summary at the BOTH perspective level AND the measure level, in which case, you'll need to build your own. You won't be able to use a template in Analysis Designer because those all summarize at one level only.

Your custom gadget will use PMF_BOOKLET_DATA.FEX as its base INCLUDE. Follow the steps in the developer guide. It will use a
&RPT_TYPE
of PERSP_AND_OBJ_AND_MEAS. Decide what fields to use from the taxonomy - the Parameter Extractor tool can help you get the field types from the taxonomy (see related post on today's PMF FocalPoint forum).

Your gadget will need to display data fields at the Perspective level and the Measure level, both of which will be present at the PASS3 summarization level.

Then you can save it as a gadget_[whatever name you like], name it as a class in PMF, put it in your PMFCUSTOM folder, snap and link a preview PNG file, and save it all out. Now you can drag and drop it on your dashboards, size it, set the defaults, and let your end users set up their preferences on what it can show.

If you like your work (and who doesn't?), you can share it with the world by Exporting it to a GDG file and sending that to us for inclusion in the soon-to-be-public PMF Gadget App Store. This way other PMF users will be able to use your work (we believe in sharing and reuse).

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Bob,

this looks nearly like what I've been looking for.

I'll play around with it a little bit.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Stefan

WF 7.6.9
PMF 5.1.3
BID 7.6.9

Win XP
HTML, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint

Posts: 69 | Location: Germany | Registered: September 21, 2009Report This Post