Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    [renamed] Today Page is not being loaded on first login; displays random DB instead

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[renamed] Today Page is not being loaded on first login; displays random DB instead
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

If I create a new user in the MRE, set them as an Analytical User Role, and make them a member of only the Analyst group, they should be taken directly into the Analyst BID Group view.

Instead what happens is that they are taken into the Public BID, which shows a calendar gadget and the Measures 5 Rolling Period report. Strangely, they see the proper group view's Today page listed in the drop down in the top right. The only way to get to the Analyst view is to click on the Views link and then click on My View. That shows them the Analyst view and makes it 'stick' for the next time they log in.

How do we make it so they always get taken directly to the Analyst view?

Cheers,

Joey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moogle,

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi. To get this working, check on all these items (as reflected in the PMF doc):

1. Make sure your WF Client environment is configured for the current "new-style" (standard in 768) MR login controller. If ANY users are automatically going to the proper Group View, that's been set up OK so this would not be the problem; if NO users automatically go to a Group View, ever, but all get the selection panel, it means probably the environment is configured to use the "old style" MR login controller.

2. Confirm the users are configured for a Group that is granted access to the Performance Management Framework Domain in MR. If you're using Analyst, double-check in MR that the Group is set up for access to the Performance Management Framework Domain. The PMF installer does this automatically but of course it's possible to change this after the fact.

3. Make sure the users are in one of the groups with a corresponding Functional Role as configured in PMF and which has a Group View created that displays PMF tabs. In this case, double check that Analyst is a Functional Role in PMF, and in Portal check that there is an Analyst Group View with access to the proper PMF tabs.

4. Make sure the users are NOT configured as MR Admins (By design in MR, MR Admins automatically do NOT go to a particular Group View when they log in to MR, but always get the Group View selector).

5. Make sure the MR user is not granted access to MULTIPLE Groups in MR. If the MR user accesses multiple Groups, they will get the selector unless you have configured a default Group for the MR user.

Hope this helps.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'll comment on your suggestions below:

1. Make sure your WF Client environment is configured for the current "new-style" (standard in 768) MR login controller. If ANY users are automatically going to the proper Group View, that's been set up OK so this would not be the problem; if NO users automatically go to a Group View, ever, but all get the selection panel, it means probably the environment is configured to use the "old style" MR login controller.

Sounds like this is the key to the problem, but our symptoms are different than you describe. Users do not get the selection panel, they are taken directly into the public view. If they click the Views link, they only have My View, although I would expect them to see the Analyst view as well. Clicking on the My View actually loads the Analyst view and then somehow sets it so they are always taken back there on the next visit.

I investigated the WF Client admin console, but didn't see anything about a 'MR login controller.' I read through the PMF document too, without finding anything about this. Here's the settings that we have in the WF Client that are related to the MRE:
Under Configuration | Managed Reporting:
IBIF_dbapass_src=OFF
IBIMR_RC_SVCUSER=admin     
MR_EXPIRED_PWD=OFF   
MR_PARSER_VERSION=V3.0   
MR_BASE_HTML_DIR=&IBI_HTML_DIR/publish     
MR_TEMPLATE_DIR=&IBI_HTML_DIR/template
REPOSITORY_CACHE=ON   
DOMAINS_CACHE=0     
USERS_CACHE=0     
WF_CGI_ENDIANNESS=LITTLE   
IBIMR_prompting=XMLPROMPT
IBIF_publish_xsl=publish
MR_BASE_DIR=&IBI_DOCUMENT_ROOT/basedir
MR_ANONYMOUS_RUN_ACCESS=YES   
MR_AUTOSIGNON=NO   

Under MR Security Settings | General:

Authentication  
  Trusted
  Use Web server HTTPS variable: sm-user
Authorization
  External Directory:  ORCL
External Directories
  Current Settings:
    Authentication Directory:  ORCL
    Authorization Directory: ORCL
Advanced
  SYNC_CASTER_ON_MRSIGNON=false      
  USERID.CASE=lower
  USER.INFO.LOOKUP=Authorization Directory      
  MAX_RECORDS_TO_RETRIEVE=10000    
  USE_DEFAULT_SETTINGS=false      
  DEFAULT.USER.GROUPS=default|Default Group,public|Public Group    
  DISABLE_CACHE=false      
  DISABLE_USER_CACHE=false      
  DISABLE_DOMAINS_CACHE=false      
  DISABLE_GROUPS_CACHE=false      
  DISABLE_ROLES_CACHE=false      
  DBMS_RECOVERY_CODES=blank    
  MIGRATE_SOURCE_PREFIX=blank    
  MIGRATE_DESTINATION_PREFIX=blank

2. Confirm the users are configured for a Group that is granted access to the Performance Management Framework Domain in MR. If you're using Analyst, double-check in MR that the Group is set up for access to the Performance Management Framework Domain. The PMF installer does this automatically but of course it's possible to change this after the fact.

Confirmed. Users are members of the Analyst group, which has access to two MRE domains; the default pmf domain and a pmf_custom domain that holds custom coded MRE objects.

3. Make sure the users are in one of the groups with a corresponding Functional Role as configured in PMF and which has a Group View created that displays PMF tabs. In this case, double check that Analyst is a Functional Role in PMF, and in Portal check that there is an Analyst Group View with access to the proper PMF tabs.

Confirmed. Analyst group view exists with PMF tabs.

4. Make sure the users are NOT configured as MR Admins (By design in MR, MR Admins automatically do NOT go to a particular Group View when they log in to MR, but always get the Group View selector).

Confirmed. They are set as Analytic Users in the MRE.

5. Make sure the MR user is not granted access to MULTIPLE Groups in MR. If the MR user accesses multiple Groups, they will get the selector unless you have configured a default Group for the MR user.
Confirmed.  They only have access to the Analyst group.

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
It's happening in the WORP login controller, as defined in /ibi/WebFOCUSnn/worp/conf/bid-config.xml

Where nn is your webFOCUS version, e.g., 76.

CHeck this line:

<internal-var name="goToPersonalViewOnLogin" value="xxxx"/>

where XXXX can be "true" or "false"

It should be set to "false" If it is set to "true" you default to the Public page.

Most likely someone changed this after PMF was installed, since the PMF installer flips this to "false"

thanks
bjf

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Guru
posted Hide Post
Okay, new information.

First, the bid-config.xml already has that line set to false.

Second, I sent you in the wrong direction with the whole 'public view' thing. I now think the problem is related to PMF not respecting the Today Page setting.

We had removed the check under every content page for 'Today Page' except for the one that we wanted every user to see. I just added a second content page as a 'Today Page' which gave me two items on the Today Page drop down menu. If I toggle to the new today page, it shows properly. If I toggle back to the original today page, it displays as desired. If I log out and then log back in, I get the 'public view' contents again, but toggling the today page will fix it.

Does this tell you anything?

Cheers,

Joey

Master
posted Hide Post
No, it doesn't make sense, nor does it sound like anything I've ever seen. Please contact tech support and open a case with them, give them screenshots and possibly do a streaming session.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Guru
posted Hide Post
Okay, we've figured this out, sort of.

When we sync a new user into PMF, the OWNERS table records a TODAY_PAGE_ID of 1. This today page is the one that has the calendar gadget and the Rolling 5 Periods report. If we press the save button next to the Today Page, it will update the OWNERS table with the proper TODAY_PAGE_ID. From that point on, everything works well.

The root cause of this behaviour has something to do with how the Owners Panel button on the Manage tab is not working properly in the environment in question. If I click it, it throws up some error and won't display the owner list. This happened about a week ago, after one of my team members tried moving owners between environments at the database level. I tried creating a new user in an environment where the Owners panel button still works, and it set the proper TODAY_PAGE_ID right off the bat.

I will see what I can do about repairing the broken environment. I am leaning towards restoring the working environment on top of the broken one. Should be easy-ish since we use virtual servers at this site.

Thanks Bob. As always, your help has been invaluable.

Cheers,

Joey

Master
posted Hide Post
Is this the situation where it was desired to build a facility to sync MR users with PMF owners in batch? To prevent further issues, perhaps you want us to review the facility and advise on how to make it safe?

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105