Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Handling summaries at lower level...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Handling summaries at lower level...
 Login/Join

Master
posted
This just came in from a consultant...
I'll post the answer next...

I’ve had a query from [customer] that I don’t think can be cater for by using PMF and just wanted your input before I respond to [customer].

They have a hierarchy that looks as follows (I’ve simplified it as it contains more levels):

TEAM GROUPA GROUPB GROUPC

teama groupa borougha dira
teamb groupa borougha dira
teamc groupb borougha dira

Etc ... Always 1 to 1 relationship in most cases but they also have the following teams in the same hierarchy structure

TEAM GROUPA GROUPB GROUPC
teamx groupx ALL GROUPS dirb
teamz ALL GROUPS ......

For instance they might have a group that covers all groups within a certain area so its information/data would need to be spread over all groups... Or they might have an admin team that covers ALL GROUPA, ALL GROUPB and ALL GROUPC .... The KEY that joins the HIERARCHY to MEASURE DATA is GROUP_KEY which is unique with each group...

Can this be done via DIMENSIONS within PMF ?

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Master
posted Hide Post
If we understand what you are trying to do, it’s to have a low level of the hierarchy somehow show data across all of the organization.

This would not be a problem to link up to measure data provided the keys attached to this data are unique and not re-used elsewhere. You’d have a separate bucket in your load data that aggregated the data you needed and then you could load it into PMF under that key. If such data were not already aggregated and keyed up in the data source, you might need an intermediate file (a HOLD file or a more complex ODS) to source the aggregated data.

Caveat: A hierarchy is assumed to exclude data narrower and narrower as you descend, and include data wider and wider as you ascend… and PMF is designed that way. So if customer expected that the higher levels of the hierarchy that contains those “all” aggregated levels must somehow not include all that aggregate data, that would be a very hard to solve problem. In PMF hierarchical aggregation is isomorphic – meaning everything at the bottom contributes to the top and everything at the top can be revealed in the details at the bottom. If different behavior is expected then let me know… we would have hit a difficult situation.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!