Focal Point
Efficiency Question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/705109622

September 01, 2009, 01:55 PM
Janice
Efficiency Question
I am loading a lot of data into the PMF data mart. It uses prefix procedures that reads the full data source and formats the data as needed. My question is around the most efficient way to load this into PMF. Currently I'm doing a complete refresh. If I were to to use add new, replace actual and delete old, is this going to be faster or will this take more overhead? Just looking for a recommendation. PMF 5.12 and WF 7.6.5.

WF 8.09
September 01, 2009, 02:03 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Full refresh is very expensive. It deletes all Measure data before inserting the new data and deletion is very expensive.

Wherever possible, you should use the add/change option. These automatically will include anything new, and revise anything old. It will not delete. You will see a noticeable improvement in load times.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

September 01, 2009, 02:21 PM
Janice
OK. I will have to use the add/replace/delete option because there may be records in there that will need to be deleted. I was just concerned that the process of determining what needed to be added, updated and deleted would have been more time consuming. Thanks for the advice.

WF 8.09