Focal Point
Dimension Failed to load

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/7217089426

October 09, 2012, 02:39 PM
dcorp
Dimension Failed to load
I am attempting to perform a dimension load from a data source and received the following error: Dimension Failed to load. How do I get a more detailed expanation for this error? The error displays under the Dimension name of the edit dimension window, but I have been unable to locate any other information for the cause for the error. PMF 5.3.1 Thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML
October 09, 2012, 02:47 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
First, click the Source Preview button - the little spyglass next to the dropdown where you select the Source. If you get an error there, it's certainly caused by a data connectivity issue. You'll need to remedy that outside PMF, in WebFOCUS.

If that returns OK, use the Dimension Loader Preview function. Click the Debug button on the loader Preview screen. You'll see the WebFOCUS error that's happening. Most of the time the failure is due to something not being set properly in terms of formatting the inbound data.

In our experience, failure to load is typically caused by the same issue that would cause it to fail to preview.

Hope this helps.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!