Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    PMF Dimension Issue - passing a partial key

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PMF Dimension Issue - passing a partial key
 Login/Join

posted
Don't know if anyone might have any ideas on this one. We're moving our Customer Service Metrics in PMF to Production from QA and everything appears to be the same in both systems. However, on one dimension, our Customer Service dimension, we are showing a different set of parameters being passed when calling the same operational report. Below, see the values passed in the filter in QA - which are correct and then at the bottom, an attempt to pass the same values in Production - incorrect (a series of numbers and then a partial key). Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I've recreated the synonym and reloaded the dimension with no effect.

In QA
### Applying CSR FILTER ...
************************* Starting cus_fltr_orditms_on_csr.fex
### Adding FILTER for ALEXANDERTJ ...
### Adding FILTER for ANGELKA ...
### Adding FILTER for DILLINGHAMM ...
### Adding FILTER for FERGUSONTA ...
### Adding FILTER for HELKEYDJ ...
### Adding FILTER for JENSENTJ ...
### Adding FILTER for JOHNSONDR ...
### Adding FILTER for JOHNSONMI ...
### Adding FILTER for JOSEPHRD ...
### Adding FILTER for KELLYBR ...
### Adding FILTER for LEHMANVL ...
### Adding FILTER for LESKOVACM ...
### Adding FILTER for LEWISDL ...
### Adding FILTER for LONGACREC ...
### Adding FILTER for MANCINIBR ...
### Adding FILTER for MARTINSJ ...
### Adding FILTER for MYERSKA ...
### Adding FILTER for PEREZM ...
### Adding FILTER for PUGHCA ...
### Adding FILTER for ROBAKNJ ...
### Adding FILTER for ROCKWELLCM ...
### Applied FILTER ON YWF_ZZJRNORDERITEMS FOR 21 CSRs ...

In Production:

### Applying CSR FILTER ...
************************* Starting cus_fltr_orditms_on_csr.fex
### Adding FILTER for 000011ALEXAN ...
### Adding FILTER for 000007ANGELK ...
### Adding FILTER for 000011DILLIN ...
### Adding FILTER for 000010FERGUS ...
### Adding FILTER for 000008HELKEY ...
### Adding FILTER for 000008JENSEN ...
### Adding FILTER for 000009JOHNSO ...
### Adding FILTER for 000009JOHNSO ...
### Adding FILTER for 000008JOSEPH ...
### Adding FILTER for 000007KELLYB ...
### Adding FILTER for 000008LEHMAN ...
### Adding FILTER for 000009LESKOV ...
### Adding FILTER for 000007LEWISD ...
### Adding FILTER for 000009LONGAC ...
### Adding FILTER for 000009MANCIN ...
### Adding FILTER for 000008MARTIN ...
### Adding FILTER for 000007MYERSK ...
### Adding FILTER for 000006PEREZM ...
### Adding FILTER for 000006PUGHCA ...
### Adding FILTER for 000007ROBAKN ...
### Adding FILTER for 000010ROCKWE ...
### Applied FILTER ON YWF_ZZJRNORDERITEMS FOR 21 CSRs ...

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Mike

This looks suspiciously like you are using an AnV field in production but an An in QA. The numbers (I6) at the start look like the length of the field value that you get with AnV type fields.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You are right. The numbers to the left are the length of the string I'm trying to pull out. Given that I'm using the same program code, the same .MAS and .ACX and the same PMF configuration in QA and Prod, I'm at a loss to understand where the difference can be. How do I distinguish between An and AnV and where do I find this setting? Thanks.

Master
posted Hide Post
We're assuming your source data is what's in question; PMF deals with the ANV fields internally in its mart structure and master files.

If the ACTUAL format for the fields on these source database tables is specified in the WebFOCUS Master File for this as AnnnnV (where nnnn is the field length) then WebFOCUS will automatically deal with taking the length off the strings and using it as the length descriptor. You can then specify a USAGE of Annnn (where nnnn is the field length) and get the results you expect in your measure loads.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

posted Hide Post
Thanks. You answered my question. We did have the data type set incorrectly on one field in our synonym. That has been updated in production and the problem is resolved. Thanks Bob and Alan for your help on this.