Focal Point
Gadget Output columns

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/7317020526

October 23, 2012, 01:16 PM
Damon
Gadget Output columns
Bob - sorry to be a pain, but you did not really answer my question.

Are you saying that there is not at least one of each type (bar, line, pie, gauge) that will report a flat value instead of a percent?

Every gadget that I can see in the library is based on percent. I don't think it's a lot to ask to have at least one of each type that will do a flat value - and it makes me think I am just missing a bunch because of something funky with our install or something.

Know what I mean?

Again, one of each type(line, bar, pie, gauge) that reports on a value, not a percent. Just looking for a yes or no answer:

Yes - those should be there. We did build and package at least one of each type (line, bar, pie, percent) that will report a simple, straight value.

No - we did not provide at least one of each that reports a straight value. They are all intentionally _percent_only_.

Thanks!

Damon
WF 7.7.02M LINUX
PMF 5.3.1
HTML, PDF, EXCEL
October 23, 2012, 04:41 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
The pie chart gadgets use actual numbers. The nature of a pie chart is to show percent of total. That is its whole purpose in life.

There are bar chart gadgets that show actual values... such as current prior lines.

The line chart gadget shows actual values, and you can show one or more metrics at a time. How many metrics are shown depends on how many you select in the properties.

So it looks as if there are gadgets that show the actual values (I think that is what you mean by simple values?).

If you don't want things like lines over your bars, you can copy an existing gadget code, change it to show just what you want, and make it a new gadget.

Hope this is more helpful...

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!