Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Gadget Output columns
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Gadget Output columns
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We used and existing gadget (mainstreet/todmeas1) to create a new gadget. The fields selected for display are in units but when the data loads we automatically get both the % and a value column displayed. Is there a way to remove the % column showing only the value columns for actual, benchmark, and target fields.

WF 7.7.04, WF 8.0.7, Win7, Win8, Linux, UNIX, Excel, PDF

Posts: 175 | Location: Pomona, NY | Registered: August 06, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify what Alex is asking here - it seems all the gadgets have a column called PCT REACHED or % of TARGET. Many of our metrics do not make any sense from this perspective.

Are we missing a whole set of gadgets that can be configured to just show the ACTUAL - TARGET and INDICATOR with no % indicator of any kind? That is what we need 95% of the time.

Damon
WF 7.7.02M LINUX
PMF 5.3.1
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Master
posted Hide Post
Try designing it with the Gadget Class panel. Create a new gadget, select the template you want to use (they're all there - all the templates used in analysis designer), and then select the columns you want to show.

Voila!

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Master
posted Hide Post
No we get it.

If you want to have different output columns in a gadget, we recommend you make your own. This is not coding. You can make your own gadgets in seconds... we're assuming of course you're using PMF 5.3. In 5.2 it's a lot more work.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry - we have tried that many time. We start with a tabluar gadget - we use the DISPLAY section to indicate what we want to show, but no changes are effected. We did manage to get one gadget to add a column for benchmark, but it was still showing the actual[pct reached] column as well (which we do not want)

Do you have time for a quick remote session?

Damon
WF 7.7.02M LINUX
PMF 5.3.1
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Master
posted Hide Post
the parms ONLY work with a TEMPLATE style focexec. you can't apply the parms to any gadget and expect it to respond. most of the focexecs in PMF are hardcoded. Have a look at doc page 377: Using Analysis Designer Templates to Create Gadgets. That's what I'm pointing two with both hands, in sort of an insistent and vehement way, with a sidelong glance of the eyes.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Ok. We are going to try that now. Stay tuned. I think it you showed us one time we could leave you alone. Wink

Damon
WF 7.7.02M LINUX
PMF 5.3.1
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Ok - we do not see any of the templates in the drop down list. All we can see are the files names that begin with gadget_xxx.

Any ideas?

Damon
WF 7.7.02M LINUX
PMF 5.3.1
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
We got it. The instructions on page 378 are incorrect. It should be:
TYPE: WebFocus Report
APPLICATION: Mainstreet
Content Display: pmf_xxx

You can only see the tamplates once you change the type to webfocus report and application to mainstreet.

Thanks!

Damon
WF 7.7.02M LINUX
PMF 5.3.1
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Master
posted Hide Post
they all begin with gadget.

example. gadget_pmf_tmplt_meas_acrdim is the same as "Measures Across Dimension" template from Analysis Designer.

These are listed in the section I indicate in the doc...

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Master
posted Hide Post
I get different results - I see all the templates, and that works the same on all test machines I have here. You don't need to specify the app there.

I'm pretty sure you need to select PMF Gadget FOCEXEC here or it won't work right.

My guess is something is wrong with your internal PMF app path. Check that - Manage > Settings > System. Make sure pmfgadgets is listed in there.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Bob - as a follow up to this issue, what if we wanted a flex gauge that uses the metric definition to report on the VALUE (including the threshhold/flex values) instead of the PCT RCHD.
 <BR> 

Is that also possible with one of the templates? If it is, I was not able to figure it out.

Damon
WF 7.7.02M LINUX
PMF 5.3.1
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Master
posted Hide Post
Flex gauge? Really? A gauge? Big thing that takes up a lot of space to show one number?

Getting a custom chart is not going to be as easy as getting a data grid. But it can be done. If you're running 5.3.1, you can use moonbeam and design a JSON feed for it, and you'll get HTML5 charts which are much better than Flex. But too complicated for FocalPoint.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Well, let me ask this differently.

I need a set of charts (1 line, 1 bar, 1 pie and 1 gauge) that report a specific value - not a percent. I also need one basic tabular report gadget that does not report percent.

I was surprised that there was not at least one of each of these out of the box. Am I missing something? If not, is that something that you can provide?

I am not looking for a bunch of custom stuff, just 4-5 basic gadgets that I can use over and over that report hard values, NOT percent.

Finally, I agree with you abotu the stupid gauges, but what my custom wants, my customer gets. Ha!

Thanks!

Damon
WF 7.7.02M LINUX
PMF 5.3.1
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Master
posted Hide Post
Tabular report gadgets are very easy to create from the New Gadget panel.

They are doc'd.

Setting one up is just as easy as setting up a grid in Analysis Designer; you can then save the Gadget and you can drop on a Dashboard.

As for pre-built charts; we built a bunch but don't be surprised if you can think of something that we didn't build. I can always think of a million things that I don't have time to build. :-)

With the newer charting library it's gotten easier to build new arbitrary charts, but it's still a development job.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105