Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    PMF Technique: Can I Display a Second Dashboard tab besides my Today Page?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PMF Technique: Can I Display a Second Dashboard tab besides my Today Page?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Lynda’s question is:
quote:
Can I create a new tab on my dashboard that always shows a particular dashboard? I don't want users to switch away from that, just to always show one of those cool new gadgety dashboards there.

And our answer is:

Yes, you can launch a PMF dynamic dashboard as if it were a static page.
To do so does require you to get your hands a little dirty. But you expect that here, no?
So here’s how.

Get the GADGET_PAGE_ID of the dynamic dashboard you want to launch. You will have to do a query against the PMF table GADGET_PAGES and get the number stored as the GADGET_PAGE_ID for the dashboard you want to launch. If you are a developer, you can use the WebFOCUS Server Console to do this against your PMF data mart.

Let’s supposed you want to run Operational Dashboard – 05, and its GADGET_PAGE_ID turns out to be 26.

Now go to MRE. In the Performance Management Framework domain, create a new Standard Report. Let’s call it sttcpage.fex and name it “Operational Dashboard – 05 static launcher.” Go into the Editor and code these lines:

-MRNOEDIT -SET &PAGE_ID=26;
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE GADGET_PAGE_SHELL

Save and close it. Note you won’t be able to really test it until it is launched from inside the PMF environment. Log off of MRE.

Now log in to BID ViewBuilder and create a new page for the Group View you want to have this “second dashboard.” Give the new page a name (how about “Dashboard 5?”). Create a new Launch Block and point it at the new Standard Report you created in the Performance Management Framework domain (it was called “Operational Dashboard – 05 static launcher.”)

Exit and save the page and the group view, and click Done, so you are back at the login page.

Now log in to PMF as a user that uses that Group view. There’s your new page, and there’s the content.

Users will be able to save their preferences for that new dashboard, but they won’t be able to switch it to point at a different dashboard.

Important: Do not replace the PMF Today page with this static page in the Group View! It will not work properly and will break PMF. The Today page must run additional application logic and must point to "Today Page bounce report." It must be the first page users view.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob Jude Ferrante,

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!